Can't enable plugins in docker

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
unabatedshagie
New User
New User

Can't enable plugins in docker

Post by unabatedshagie »

I've installed Deluge in a Docker container. This is the compose file I used.

Code: Select all

version: "2.1"
services:
  deluge:
    image: lscr.io/linuxserver/deluge:latest
    container_name: deluge
    environment:
      - PUID=1000
      - PGID=100
      - TZ=Europe/London
      - DELUGE_LOGLEVEL=error #optional
    volumes:
      - /srv/dev-disk-by-label-data/__docker_configs/deluge/config:/config
      - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-3bfb5612-1ee7-4f29-8314-7f2720dd977b/media/_/_downloads:/downloads
    ports:
      - 8112:8112
      - 6882:6881
      - 6882:6881/udp
    restart: unless-stopped
I've placed a few .egg files in my plugins folder and restarted the container.

I can see the plugins listed in the webui but, when I enable any of the plugins I have added and open the preferences again, they have been unchecked. This doesn't happen with the built-in plugins.

I have tried the following I found during a Google search, but it didn't seem to help.

Stop the deluge container.

In the container config directory look for the auth file and edit it as follows. If the file does not exist, then create it first. Add a line like this to the file. Choose your own username and password. Save the file when done.

username:password:10

Start the container and use the WebGUI to navigate to Preferences | Daemon. Write down the port number shown. Place a check mark on Allow Remote Connections. Restart the container one more time.

Open the Connection Manager on the client machine, press the +Add button and fill in the table, then press the +Add button in that panel. Then double click on the newly added host entry to connect.

There is documentation available for all this but it is all inclusive and mentions things you don't need or can't run since the docker doesn't have all the mentioned programs available.

https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/UserGuide/ThinClient
ambipro

Re: Can't enable plugins in docker

Post by ambipro »

What plugins specifically have you tried? I assume they are supported in the version used? Is this with every "third-party" plugin? This could possibly be a problem with deluge actually writing the changes to the configuration files, or creating the plugins .conf files in the profile/data folders, but I'm just speculating.

Have you checked your data folder to see if these even get this far? Alternatively, you could also enable logging (not sure how in docker, but the parameter is '-l /path/logfile' in console deluge, or run -debug version if that's an option with the normal deluge, google is your friend for doing this in docker I'd imagine)

Hopefully, you can figure logging or debug out, if not I'd imagine linuxserver has a forum or subreddit you can ask about their image on as well since they produced it.

Someone else may have advice that's more specific to solve this. Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with docker, so I can only try and point you in a few directions that may help.

Good luck.
unabatedshagie
New User
New User

Post by unabatedshagie »

I've tried:
  • AutoRemovePlus
  • LabelPlus
  • LtConfig
  • SeedTime
I've looked through the logs and this is what I'm seeing when I try to enable one of the "third-party" plugins.

16:50:19 [INFO    ][deluge.pluginmanagerbase   :1622] Plugin Scheduler enabled...

16:50:19 [INFO    ][deluge.pluginmanagerbase   :1622] Plugin Notifications enabled...

16:51:10 [ERROR   ][deluge.pluginmanagerbase      :1622] Unable to instantiate plugin 'LabelPlus' from '/config/plugins/LabelPlus-0.3.2.2-py2.7.egg'!

16:51:10 [ERROR   ][deluge.pluginmanagerbase      :1622] No module named 'core'

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/deluge/pluginmanagerbase.py", line 148, in enable_plugin

instance = cls(plugin_name.replace('-', '_'))

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

File "/config/plugins/LabelPlus-0.3.2.2-py2.7.egg/labelplus/__init__.py", line 48, in __init__

from core.core import Core as _plugin_cls

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'core'

16:51:12 [INFO    ][deluge.pluginmanagerbase      :1622] Plugin Blocklist enabled...

16:51:12 [INFO    ][deluge.pluginmanagerbase   :1622] Plugin Blocklist enabled...
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

I'm not super familiar with what's going on in these logs, but one thing does strike me and that's the following lines...

16:51:10 [ERROR   ][deluge.pluginmanagerbase      :1622] Unable to instantiate plugin 'LabelPlus' from '/config/plugins/LabelPlus-0.3.2.2-py2.7.egg'!

16:51:10 [ERROR   ][deluge.pluginmanagerbase      :1622] No module named 'core'
It seems that the plugin's initialization is failing in deluge for whatever reason...I know I am probably off base, as I said I don't have any experience in docker, but just because I have no other ideas (and no experience) - would you mind trying mhertz's updated version of LabelPlus rather than the older version?

You can find it https://paste.c-net.org/DisplaysRunners (sourced from LabelPlus Plugin Thread viewtopic.php?p=234806#p234806) and see if your problem resolves?

Also try renaming to simply LabelPlus.egg (not sure if the filename is causing any issues with references)...

If this works, I'd suggest you go and see if you are using outdated versions of the other plugins too. Search function in the viewforum.php?f=9 section is your friend.

If it fails, please post logs (if they are different)...
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks ambipro for the reference :)

@unabatedshagie, as ambipro posted, that plugin fails initialize because is a deluge1 plugin, hence incompatible. Make sure choose deluge2 variants when downloading plugins, e.g often mentioning py3.x in name, which exists for all your listed plugins, except I believe seed-time. I could maybe update it to deluge2 at a point, but honestly it's functionality already is covered elsewhere, or mostly atleast, like autoremoveplus etc.

Edit: Seedtime plugin updated to deluge2 by vanossj's fork here: https://github.com/vanossj/deluge-seedtime/releases
unabatedshagie
New User
New User

Post by unabatedshagie »

Thanks, I just went through the plugins listed here https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Plugins. I didn't know those were out of date.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

Most of those plugins are either the last "official" updated version(by original author) or simply unmaintained - some are specifically written for 1.x - and the threads in the plugins section contains updated version, most often by those who have taken over updating bugs or version compatibility (such as mhertz in this case, as well as others) - just check their corresponding threads and go the last page and work your way back towards the front until you find the latest post with a version posted (hopefully by someone with some posting history.)

Good luck.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Great advice above, having nothing to add to, but just quickly wanted clarify my own post, as I forgot to stipulate that when I said all but one had deluge 2.x supported version, then I meant officially provided(plugin author). Can hunt down 3'rd party versions if wanted/needed still of-course.