Selective download

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
sunshine_plusrain
New User
New User

Selective download

Post by sunshine_plusrain »

Howdy.

I am running version 2.0.5 from gentoo portage. Not using the webui, just the thin client/server.

Selective download using file priority "skip" worked at one point, then it started to do nothing intermittedly and nowadays it doesn't work.

I googled about the problem and it may relate to file allocation with the previous versions? If this is still the case, the FAQ should be revised because there's no option for pre/compact allocation anymore in 2.0.5.

There's a setting called "pre-allocate disk space". Is this the same setting I need to have enabled?
mhertz

Re: Selective download

Post by mhertz »

I tested this and couldn't reproduce personally though.

Clean deluge profile, so no specific settings required. Tested it multiple times with deluge 2.0.5 and libtorrent 2.0.6 and 1.2.15, on arch-linux and ubuntu VM, GTKUI with and without thin-client mode.

If you can catch a debug-log for when it fails then probably helpfull.
sunshine_plusrain
New User
New User

I'll start collecting more verbose debug log and get back to you.
sunshine_plusrain
New User
New User

Heh... I wasn't debugging this and not going to attempt reproducing the bug so the following bit is just an anecdote of some personal amusement, not a bug report or a call of action.

I started leeching a 60+ gigabyte torrent and I selected some 6 GB to download, skipping the rest of the files. The changes in priorities did show in the File tree but nothing changed in the total torrent size in the upper right corner torrent list view.

Despite my priorities, deluge proceeded to leech the entire 60 GB. I thought, well it downloaded everything so might as well see what else I got. Wrong. The only files in the directory there are the original 6 GB of files. Deluge is probably thinking I am now seeding it all but it's likely the torrent will fail with an Error status once someone requests a block that was once downloaded and then perhaps discarded.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks for elaborating. I don't think that is an issue IMHO, as you said it yourself, total torrent size i.e the loaded torrent, at x size which you've selectively down/uploaded from ;)
dumlavetra
New User
New User

Post by dumlavetra »

Just came across same situation in selection some parts of a torrent. But I noticed that there is also a huge file .<torrent-hash>.parts which have the size of the (not) skipped parts. Using version 2.1.0.

I should read FAQ before, "full allocation" wasn't checked.