Incredibly slow speeds

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
p3ar1jamluvr
New User
New User

Incredibly slow speeds

Post by p3ar1jamluvr »

I am very new to the world of Deluge. I consider myself to be somewhat technical but I cannot fix this issue. Please be gentle as I really am a rookie and just trying to learn. I want to be able to do this on my own eventually. I'm using Deluge 2.1.0 libtorrent 2.0.6.0. My server is an Unraid server. I use Sonarr, Radarr, the Prowlarr that then goes to Deluge. (binhex-delugevpn - using openvpn and wireguard. I am using a static IP. My router does have port forwarding enabled. Port forwarding list I added Service Name: Deluge, Source Target: blank, Port Range: 58846, Local IP: 192.168.1.95 (my static IP), Local Port: 58846, Protocol: TCP. I have 704 Mbps download and 22.41 Mbps upload.

I have been researching this for many days now. I have been reading through this forum for the past few hours. I've implemented quite a few changes to try and fix my issue. However, nothing is working. I cannot get above a 300 KiBs upload or download speed (usually in the 30KiB/s range). I did install the plugin ltConfig (which I had to do manually because it would not load in the WebUI. I am using a Mac but I am not sure if that even matters. (Isn't Deluge meant to run "in the background" on my Unraid server?) In ltconfig I am in High Performance Seed - clicked Load Preset, Apply and then OK. I logged out of Deluge and logged back in. Nothing.
Screen Shot 2022-07-02 at 2.39.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-02 at 2.39.58 PM.png (59.3 KiB) Viewed 11210 times

Here are my bandwidth settings:
Screen Shot 2022-07-02 at 2.40.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-02 at 2.40.59 PM.png (64.5 KiB) Viewed 11210 times
Network settings:
Screen Shot 2022-07-02 at 2.47.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-02 at 2.47.49 PM.png (40.07 KiB) Viewed 11210 times
It may be something very simple that I am missing. Or I may be using a setting that I am then contradicting in a different setting. Whatever the problem is I cannot get it to work.

I also do not understand why when I sleep my Mac Deluge stops working. It only works when my computer is running. I would love to fix this as well as I do not want my computer on 24/7.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated! I feel myself turning gray by the minute. I have OCD so I cannot stop working on this until I fix it. :( Thank you in advance!
mhertz

Re: Incredibly slow speeds

Post by mhertz »

Hi, and don't worry, you're good, plus we're a friendly bunch here, promise :)

I'm not that good at such issue as yours honestly, so hopefully others can lend you a hand later, and I also dont really have time now honestly but try other VPN endpoint/country unless you're sure it's a good one you have selected currently, and secondly try disable both 'enable_outgoing_utp' and 'enable_incoming_utp' in ltconfig and restart - keep high-performance preset as you already have.

Good luck, and I feel ya on the OCD part - well dont think I have that personally, but sometimes feels pretty close to such honestly :)

Hope you succeed mate.
p3ar1jamluvr
New User
New User

Post by p3ar1jamluvr »

Stupid question - but how do I know which VPN endpoint/country Deluge VPN is using?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Not stupid, but I just ment you are using a VPN, and so if paying for such service then usually there are many locations countries to choose from, and some faster than others. I don't know anything about wireguard, and only know openvpn where you use the *.ovpn file for the country you want, when making the docker. In binhex's docker page it states about end-points for wireguard:
PIA users - The WireGuard configuration file will be auto generated and will be stored in /config/wireguard/wg0.conf AFTER the first run, if you wish to change the endpoint you are connecting to then change the Endpoint line in the config file (default is Netherlands).

Other users - Please download your WireGuard configuration file from your VPN provider, start and stop the container to generate the folder /config/wireguard/ and then place your WireGuard configuration file in there.
That probably isn't it, but just making sure.

Reason for I suggested disabling uTP, is because sometimes can 10'fold up the speed in certain scenarious, often on VPNs. Don't know if you're affected, but just in case I thought. Remember stop/start deluged when making changes in e.g. ltconfig just in case, and not just restart your mac thinclient. Btw, you said didn't download when mac closed or something, but you have setup deluge as thinclient right, I mean you connect to the deluged daemon on unraid from your mac right?
p3ar1jamluvr
New User
New User

Post by p3ar1jamluvr »

Thank you so much @Mhertz! I will work on these suggestions and report the results back.
p3ar1jamluvr
New User
New User

Post by p3ar1jamluvr »

Reason for I suggested disabling uTP, is because sometimes can 10'fold up the speed in certain scenarios, often on VPNs. Don't know if you're affected, but just in case I thought
When I go into the Preferences/ItConfig this is what I see:

download/file.php?mode=view&id=6710

It seems to me that enable_incoming_tcp and enable_outgoing_tcp are unchecked. But they both have check marks under setting and actual. Do I need to do anything there?

Also you mention
Remember stop/start deluged when making changes in e.g. ltconfig just in case, and not just restart your mac thinclient.
Does this mean that I need to hit pause? on the Deluge WebUI? Or that I need to go into the Unraid docker for Deluge and stop it from there? (Again, sorry for my ignorance.) Or do I simply hit apply and then close in the Preferences?

download/file.php?mode=view&id=6711

Also on the 2nd issue I have below:
Btw, you said didn't download when mac closed or something, but you have setup deluge as thinclient right, I mean you connect to the deluged daemon on unraid from your mac right?
I believe that I have set up deluge as a thin client. Is there a way to tell? (I bought this server from a friend who built it for me. I am working to learn everything I can about it, or at least everything I need to know. But I still have a lot to learn so I really appreciate help.) My friend did tell me that it shouldn't matter if my Mac goes to sleep because the work was being done in the server. However, it seems as though when my Mac goes to sleep Deluge stops. I'd prefer that it ran 24/7 and especially during the night when no bandwidth is being used.

Again, thank you for all of your help! I've been spending as much of my free time as possible reading through this forum and I feel like I'm learning.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 6.36.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 6.36.50 PM.png (61.51 KiB) Viewed 11114 times
Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 5.53.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 5.53.38 PM.png (57.31 KiB) Viewed 11114 times
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Your in/out uTP settings are correctly disabled as I suggested trying - if doesn't help then don't need disable them though - they aren't disabled by default.

I ment restarting the unraid deluged, sorry, and don't need pause or anything from webUI - possibly not needed as ltconfig probably reinitializes the libtorrent session with new values but just in case merely I thought.

If deluged running on your unraid server and you control/monitor it from your mac though webUI, then yes you are running thinclient as you said, well maybe slightly off terminology as sometimes only GTK-UI's client is referred to as thinclient, when split into server/client, but regardless. This does mean that if the mac goes to sleep or gets powered off, then it should have zero influence upon the deluged process itself and should happilly continue in background, unless also that server gets in sleep-mode or powered off of-course.
p3ar1jamluvr
New User
New User

Post by p3ar1jamluvr »

Thank you so much for all of your help! Walking through these steps has gotten me to 1.5M-3M+ speeds. With the bandwidth I have (~650M down ~20M up) I would hope for more. But I understand that really the ~20M is the highest I could get and that only if there was nothing else using the bandwidth. I really appreciate it @mhertz.
D16Z5

Post by D16Z5 »

Just wanted to say....

Disabling "enable_incoming_tcp" and "enable_outgoing_tcp" greatly improved my settings using Delugevpn Docker, from KiB/s to now MiB/s!!

Thanks!