add downloaded files back to Deluge

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
sundy58
New User
New User

add downloaded files back to Deluge

Post by sundy58 »

I installed Deluge 2 from the Deluge website. My private tracker does not accept Deluge 2 so I uninstalled and installed Client: 1.3.15, libtorrent: 1.1.5.0. I have the state file and replaced the generated config file with my backed-up config file. I have restarted my computer a couple of times. I have nearly 500 downloaded torrents I want to "add back" to Deluge, re-downloading would mess up my ratio. There must be some way to add my downloaded torrents back to Deluge. I am running Linux Mint 19.3.

Private tracker issue. (Deluge latest recommended - version 1.3.1 and above allowed.Due to release stream issues, Versions 2.x Sourced from their PPA (or docker based on PPA) will not work here)
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: add downloaded files back to Deluge

Post by shamael »

Hi,

Not backward compatible so far I know, so if you have a backup of the user's profile running Deluge 1.3.x you should be able to stop the Deluge process and restore the /state folder. Another solution is to put back all .torrent file downloaded in the auto-add folder to load them all again, paused state for safety, then change the location of the torrent in Deluge to the media/file location on your disk. Totally possible but more work to achieve of course
sundy58
New User
New User

Post by sundy58 »

I used the config file I had from the original 1.3 install. I could not get it to recognize the file. I did what you suggested, I figured it out myself and was going through and checking the files etc. Now I can't add a torrent and get to show up in the queue. I might start a new topic to figure out how to install the latest version so my tracker will accept it.

Private tracker issue. (Deluge latest recommended - version 1.3.1 and above allowed.Due to release stream issues, Versions 2.x Sourced from their PPA (or docker based on PPA) will not work here)
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I don't now about your current issue sorry, maybe shamael has more good help for you, but just wanted to add that the tracker issue sounds like deluge2 is supported just not from PPA - I googled it as sounded strange to me, and could be more verbose imho, but found that PPA builds alters version string/user-agent(unless i'm mistaken, sorry if am, as haven't tested myself), to include distro-ver, and tracker operator states too long according to one mentioning this, and himself stated he didn't like the OS disclosing, which I could better understand if reasoning, but anyways, sound strange that the mint package also should be like that, unless i'm misunderstanding, but I suppose you could always get the one from pypi if not able get it otherwise, which I have quickly tested doesn't do this - it's just 'sudo pip install deluge', and could also install libtorrent from there if wanted i.e. 'sudo pip install libtorrent==1.2.*'. That poster before, also stated his tracker operator allowed him to spoof user-agent e.g. with ltconfig, but don't know if allowed on your tracker, so probably ask first to not risk banning.
sundy58
New User
New User

Post by sundy58 »

I have not been able to find a Linux Mint package other than 1.3. I'm thinking about going to back qbittorrent just so I can download tv, 1883 might have a new episode this weekend. My files seed, and work I just cannot add a new torrent and get it to download. I can't remember why I moved from qbit to deluge, It the was the ability to categorize torrents and have them move to folders automatically. I never used that feature.