Installed Deluge 1.3.15

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
khaldrogo
New User
New User

Installed Deluge 1.3.15

Postby khaldrogo » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:33 am

Heya!
I just setup my server on Ubuntu Server 18.04.4 LTS and installed Deluge 1.3.15. After a while and a few reboots I noticed that Deluge made at least 10 port-forwarding rules on different ports.

I deleted all the rules made by Deluge and unchecked the boxes in WebUi prefrences that say "Use Random Ports" and I changed the ranges to 0-0. Than I rebooted again and tried to download some torrents. I refreshed the port forwarding page mutliple times to see if Deluge created some more and it didn't so I guess Deluge doesn't need them?

So how do I stop Deluge from creating more ports? Are they even needed?

mhertz
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Installed Deluge 1.3.15

Postby mhertz » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:21 am

Disable upnp/nat-pmp under network heading of preferences and restart deluge. Don't change ports to 0-0 though. Either you use upnp/nap-pmp to get portforwarding setup automatically, or you enter an incoming port or range and forward manually in router, or you just run without port-forwarding completely, which hinders your download and upload connectivity/speed, but with popular torrents with bunch of seeders, then you generally will not notice this for downloading and I remember downloading Linux iso's at full speed. Google is your friend on more of this, if interested ;) Many suggest disabling upnp/nat-pmp also because it can be a potential security issue btw.

Return to “Support”