How to install previous version?

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
adrianshum

How to install previous version?

Post by adrianshum »

Originally I have Deluge 0.5.8.1 running fine.

However, recently I performed port update deluge and it failed to run.
Tried to uninstall libtorrent and deluge, and then install them again, it doesn't work. Seems that a compiler bug is making libtorrent/deluge unable to compile.

Is there any way that I can install an older version of deluge in macport?.... I tried install deluge@0.5.8.1 but it seems not working. Same build error happens. Have had some brief read in macport's document but seems it doesn't mentioned much on how to install a specific old version...

Thanks
oriain

Re: How to install previous version?

Post by oriain »

I had the same thought as you did. You actually have to create a local repository from which to install the old version of deluge.

Here is the article that I got the basics from:
http://journal.bitshaker.com/articles/2 ... -macports/

But it still wouldn't work for me as the compiler got updated. I am not 100% positive, but I think that is what broke the deluge builds in MacPorts. I actually tried building and installing a 0.5.7 version, but I still got the same error as when I tried building and installing the 0.5.8 versions.

Finally, MacPorts has the 1.0.0 version, which I just now got to work.

It's just too bad that Mac user had to wait for something like six months to get a working version. I am definitely not going to be doing any upgrades from now on, until I can be sure that the new versions work.