Building v2.0.3 on MacOSX with Homebrew

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
amar1729
New User
New User

Building v2.0.3 on MacOSX with Homebrew

Post by amar1729 »

Saw another post where a user built Deluge under MacPorts (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=55622) so I figured I'd make a Homebrew tap for it.

Link here: https://github.com/amar1729/homebrew-deluge-meta

This formula is called deluge-meta since I originally meant it to be a meta-package provided deluge's dependencies, as specified by the 2.0.3 docs (https://deluge.readthedocs.io/en/deluge ... stall.html). However, it turned into a full install of deluge and deluge-gtk.

This formula does NOT build a .app - instead, you can start deluge by calling deluge-gtk from the command line. This works for me on Mojave, but should work on Catalina as well.

Feel free to look over the formula before installing if you don't trust it (or fork it yourself and install it) - it's fairly straightforward.

----

06/10/22 Edit to add - while the title says v2.0.3, I do try to keep the formula up-to-date with pypi releases. The most recent bottle is for the 2.0.5 release. This tap will also build from source on M1 Macs (where deluge and deluge-gtk, the GUI parts as thin or standalone, currently work fine)
Last edited by amar1729 on Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steve-luo
New User
New User

Re: Building v2.0.3 on MacOSX with Homebrew

Post by Steve-luo »

Thanks for sharing! Any idea why the 2.0.3 gui is sluggish and laggy? This is the same for both the .app build and when I launch deluge-gtk.
amar1729
New User
New User

Post by amar1729 »

No problem! I'm not sure - honestly, i'm not seeing the same problem, although I'm only using deluge GUI as a thin client to connect to my server.
ophidio
New User
New User

Post by ophidio »

I've build the formula and seem to work. Only i cannot see may LabelPlus tab like the plugin not working. Under Windows thinclient work good.