2.0.4 dev 51 cant create user...

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
banbutcher

2.0.4 dev 51 cant create user...

Post by banbutcher »

As the title suggests, im running both catalina and big sur with 2.0.4 dev from Lord-Kamina and im not able to create a user using the daemon tab, or does it let me edit the localclient password, so im was hoping to try edit the auth file but there is no deluge folder in my .conifg/, i lso was thinging about going into the package contents of the deluge.app file but i dont know where to look, i searched for the auth file in it but no luck!

any one know how i can get past this issue, its my final hurdle! :(

thanks in advance.
banbutcher

Re: 2.0.4 dev 51 cant create user...

Post by banbutcher »

anyone?
banbutcher

Post by banbutcher »

if theres no answer is there anywhere to get a copy of @Lord-Kamina 2.0.3 dev as that has working users!?

SOMBODY HELP!!
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry, don't know solution for your issue, but you can make a search to find that auth file to edit manually with text-editor, by from terminal running e.g.:

Code: Select all

sudo find / -path "*/.config/deluge/auth"
(You can omit 'sudo' if the path isn't "unreadable", but just in case)

For your last question/post, maybe try private message Lord-Kamina here, which he hopefully don't mind. I don't know anything myself about osx or Lord-Kamina's builds unfortunetly.
Lord-Kamina

Post by Lord-Kamina »

banbutcher wrote:if theres no answer is there anywhere to get a copy of @Lord-Kamina 2.0.3 dev as that has working users!?

SOMBODY HELP!!
I don't mind PMs. As to your question, I'm not sure, honestly. I don't think I actually did any changes between 2.0.3 dev and 2.0.4 dev; might be wrong but I'm of the mind I just merged master into my PR. So, if there's a bug there that wasn't present previously, two options come to mind:

1) It's a deluge bug per-se.
2) It's a bug with the gtk theme I chose.
banbutcher

Post by banbutcher »

Thanks for the replies guys, i might try it on a clean osx install and see if that helps!