ETA on 2.0.3 .app

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
wgstarks

Re: ETA on 2.0.3 .app

Post by wgstarks »

wgstarks wrote:I just discovered this app and really loving it. I'm using it as thin client to monitor a remote server and it's working nicely. I did notice though that I don't see the plugins that have been installed on the server. Only the core plugins. Have I missed something?
Looks like I posted too soon. The app has started crashing. I have attached the latest crash report.

https://pastebin.com/E4h8hRMd
neo

Post by neo »

Lord-Kamina wrote:https://www.dropbox.com/s/c51t7y5kh7za2 ... pp.7z?dl=1

Note, as I said previously, if you're on macOS 10.13+, this should open magnets natively, without relying on the Magnet Handler app.
I registered solely to thank you for sharing this! I spent 2 days trying to compile it with errors. Shame as there is no official up to date native macOS .app after so long. I sincerely hope you share and upload your updates here.

One problem though, clicking on .torrent files does not open in Deluge when the application is open. Works fine when it's closed though. I'm using Catalina.

I love that this app automatically sets the dark/light theme based on your system wide settings!

nonissue
New User
New User

Post by nonissue »

Yah I really appreciate you posting the compiled version Lord. I managed compile it once, but it took me a couple of hours of debugging, installing dependencies and troubleshooting. I really wish there was an official mac release available, I would consider donating towards getting the dev team a mac somewhere like macminicolo or mac stadium.

Just an FYI for people using 2.0.3, I have had some issues recently, and I think it's related to me using the 2.0.3 thin client and web ui at the same time. Some plugins don't provide an interface in the native app, so that's why I was using both, but I think it may cause issues, so I'd recommend only using one or the other.
nonissue
New User
New User

Post by nonissue »

wgstarks wrote:
wgstarks wrote:I just discovered this app and really loving it. I'm using it as thin client to monitor a remote server and it's working nicely. I did notice though that I don't see the plugins that have been installed on the server. Only the core plugins. Have I missed something?
Looks like I posted too soon. The app has started crashing. I have attached the latest crash report.

Hmm, what OS version are you on? I've been running the linked version of 2.0.3 for several months without any crashes that I remember (I'm on 10.15.6 ATM).
wgstarks

Post by wgstarks »

nonissue wrote:
wgstarks wrote:

Hmm, what OS version are you on? I've been running the linked version of 2.0.3 for several months without any crashes that I remember (I'm on 10.15.6 ATM).
I’m on 10.15.7 right now but that post was a while back. It was probably 10.15.6 then.
benba

Post by benba »

default path for configs under macOS is;
~/.config/deluge/

for this app you have to place your plugins under;
/Applications/Deluge.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.7/deluge/plugins
wgstarks

Post by wgstarks »

benba wrote:
default path for configs under macOS is;
~/.config/deluge/

for this app you have to place your plugins under;
/Applications/Deluge.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.7/deluge/plugins
So if I install a plugin on the deluge server I can’t configure it in the GTK?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Yes you can(if plugin has gtk configuration, which most have), but you need install the plugin under both server and client, hence your disreprency, from sound of it.
wgstarks

Post by wgstarks »

mhertz wrote:Yes you can(if plugin has gtk configuration, which most have), but you need install the plugin under both server and client, hence your disreprency, from sound of it.
Thanks
irebel
New User
New User

Post by irebel »

Lord-Kamina wrote:https://www.dropbox.com/s/c51t7y5kh7za2 ... pp.7z?dl=1

Note, as I said previously, if you're on macOS 10.13+, this should open magnets natively, without relying on the Magnet Handler app.
Thank you for the app. I have made a Big Sur icon for the app.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hibrtkbh4upg ... 2.zip?dl=0