ETA on 2.0.3 .app

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
ScottC

ETA on 2.0.3 .app

Post by ScottC »

is there any eta on 2.0.3 app for macos? both of my seedboxes were updated and my local client can not connect to them anymore
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: ETA on 2.0.3 .app

Post by Cas »

I don't own a macos, I only have a creaky virtualbox, my limited time, and with the working homebrew solution, it is lower on the list of things to do so I cannot give any E.T.A.

If there are any macos devs willing to help out then it would arrive faster.
ScottC

Post by ScottC »

Hey Cas,

I tried the homebrew solution but every time I type "deluge" in the terminal window i get a python icon bounce a couple times in the dock then it just stops.

Is there a step by step somewhere on how to build the .app for macos? I have all mac's in my household and would give it a go and try to build the app
fuga

Post by fuga »

I'd try it again. Might require going back to a backup to get rid of what you installed through this process. But I can testify that simply copy/pasting the commands suffices. I have done it on three machines.
ScottC

Post by ScottC »

I have tried on 3 different computers now, 2 iMac's and 1 MBP all running the latest Mojave 10.14.5 and get the same error on all

when I run "deluge" from command line I get this error

Illegal instruction: 4
fuga

Post by fuga »

Sorry, Scott. While I was fine with each install all I know is how to copy and paste. Wish I could offer some real help.

If it's any consolation, while much better it still is unusable with my 2000+ torrents.
zadigre
New User
New User

Post by zadigre »

Cas wrote:I don't own a macos, I only have a creaky virtualbox, my limited time, and with the working homebrew solution, it is lower on the list of things to do so I cannot give any E.T.A.

If there are any macos devs willing to help out then it would arrive faster.
the homebrew solution is somewhat working... got it working on my Mac mini...
but after a few days running, it was using 3GB of memory... which is killing my Mac mini with only 4GB of ram. (this is only with 5-6 torrents seeding).
jbygden

Post by jbygden »

There are a couple of references to a "Homebrew solution" - but where do I find that?
fuga

Post by fuga »

jbygden wrote:There are a couple of references to a "Homebrew solution" - but where do I find that?
Follow the Mac links on the Downloads page.
jbygden

Post by jbygden »

fuga wrote:
jbygden wrote:There are a couple of references to a "Homebrew solution" - but where do I find that?
Follow the Mac links on the Downloads page.
Cheers!

I got it to work! Server on 10.12.6 and GTK-client on 10.14.5 :) 8-)

However I don't see my active torrents in the web-gui...

I do see them in the GTK-gui and with deluge-console, but not in the web-gui - any pointers to why that might be?