1500 torrents anyone?

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
fuga

1500 torrents anyone?

Post by fuga »

I am wanting to switch to Deluge but am seeing the odd reference to having a large number of active torrents causing issues. I’d have close to 1,500. I am wondering how current such information really is, how dependent such performance might be on hardware. I have a 2.9 GHz i7, 16 GB RAM, and SSD. Might that be significantly mitigating or should I look elsewhere?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: 1500 torrents anyone?

Post by shamael »

Hi,

Using the client/server on an RPI I'm seeing issue over 600 torrents, RPC error above this value but It's also because the RPI is not able to answer fast enough. People on the forum have more on heavier hw
fuga

Post by fuga »

Supposedly the beta fixes the issue?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

The way they communicate have been changed from what I heard but I've not tested this part yet. but As said this is my limit with an RPI, you may not face the same even in the 1.3.15 version
death_is_invtbl
New User
New User

Post by death_is_invtbl »

on ubuntu it is real trouble with freezes, think about it
samcuran
New User
New User

Post by samcuran »

Hi, My brother has 1500 torrents it regularly freezes and becomes unstable when accessed through XMLRPC or via the commandline.
We are experiencing this issue on multiple separate systems. https://acnlhairguide.net/
Last edited by samcuran on Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a Proud music practitioner.
fuga

Post by fuga »

v2 is much better, but that's just "better". qBittorrent purrs happily with my now 2300+ torrents. More, Deluge's CPU and RAM hits are huge compared to qBittorrent.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I read likewise that it's better with v2, compared to same load on v1, though but still not good e.g with 2000 torrents etc. It's obviously also related to system capacity, like shamael mentioned, and e.g if using ltconfig plugin with high-performance-seed preset, and not scaling it down, then e.g little unfair to compair that to other clients, e.g qbittorrent not even exposing half of the tuned options.

I asked them once to do so, several years ago, but they won't, and some even feel it's ddos'ing, as if a client could go down by that lol and tracker connectivity isn't even exposed from that btw - the qbt folks only want often-used mainstream options they state, though have gotten better at adding more libtorrent options in mean time, but still not good enough for my taste e.g still no connections per second as I explicitly requested etc, though can be fixed through editing source-code, which isn't that difficult, as just repeating the option-lines with new options etc, like deluge, and then re-build yourself, but regardless.

Still lighter though(qbt) with likewise default options to be fair, and I do like the client also, now after they added a command-line daemon some years ago, and there's on github a wrapper for exposing all default qbt commands that default daemon missing, so I didn't need write my own like previously(through webapi/curl) anymore, when testing it out from time to time.