Deluge 1.3.12 OSX Bug

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
serious
New User
New User

Deluge 1.3.12 OSX Bug

Post by serious »

I don't know why, but whenever I click on the tray icon of Deluge using 1.3.11 nothing shows up. I have to go up to the status bar, click on the drop and then checkmark "Show Deluge." I have to do this everytime I want to check my active window, after closing it.

Now, with 1.3.12, when I click on the drop I don't get the window with the "Show Deluge" option. I get a blank pop-up window with arrows on the top and bottom. Nothing else.

Had to revert, because I couldn't figure this out. Why is the UI so terrible and counter-intuitive in Deluge for OSX?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Deluge 1.3.12 OSX Bug

Post by Cas »

I shall see if it's anything obvious but the tray menu is fine in Linux and Windows so might be hard to fix.

One user mentioned a workaround http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 89#p217709 or an alternative is to disable the system tray icon in preferences.

The GTK toolkit is non-native to OSX so getting it to act the same is tricky and I have noticed that the gtk osx builds seem more picky about small errors in UI coding. Also of note is that none of the current developers use OSX so I am simply trying to be helpful in offering a package.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Well that was easy, it's now fixed for next release: http://git.deluge-torrent.org/deluge/co ... =f131194b7

Just to note, the status menu work differently on OSX to Windows and Linux (apart from Ubuntu indicators which work the same as OSX), there is no concept of right/left click it simply is a click to show the menu so no there is no way to show/hide Deluge without bringing up the menu as on Windows or Linux.
singalen
New User
New User

Post by singalen »

Thanks a lot! I was even able to fix it locally, in /Applications/Deluge.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/deluge-1.3.12-py2.7.egg/deluge/ui/gtkui/systemtray.py.
It was actually a blocker: once hidden, I was never able to open the window again.