libtorrent 0.16.x proxy problem with udp

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
mrserc
New User
New User

libtorrent 0.16.x proxy problem with udp

Post by mrserc »

It seems libtorrent 0.16.x has a problem with udp connections through proxies.

After I upgraded to Deluge 1.3.6 I wasn't able to connect to any udp trackers and 1.3.5 doesn't work on Mavericks. I then tried qbittorrent and had the same problem - I went back version by version keeping the same config files and then when I hit a version with libtorrent 0.15.x everything started working.

Is it possible to compile a version of 1.3.6 for Mac with a 0.15.x version of libtorrent? I'm not sure how to go about it. I see the instructions for MacPorts but that seems to include 0.16.12 by default and not sure how I'd change that.

Any help much appreciated.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: libtorrent 0.16.x proxy problem with udp

Post by Cas »

From the libtorrent changelog it looks to be fixed for next release (0.16.13)
mrserc
New User
New User

Post by mrserc »

That's great; what would that mean for when it would be incorporated in Deluge? Would it be when the next version comes out (not sure when that's planned) or would the dependency in MacPorts get updated earlier? Just wondering what's my best bet for the time being.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

It's probable that macports would update earlier however that would not be until release whereas if I have the time I can package the libtorrent RC code.

Alternatively you could rebuild the macports version yourself with the updated code.

A third option is to open a macports bug report and have them add a patch or use the RC code.
mrserc
New User
New User

Post by mrserc »

I haven't used macports before. I downloaded xcode and started reading the guide but it wasn't immediately clear to me how to rebuild with updated code, just how to install the existing macports version. I hope to give it a more thorough go this weekend. Ideally, I'd like to skip macports altogether and use xcode to build a proper app package but sounds like my best bet may be to wait for you to package it.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

This is how we build the package: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Deve ... kaging/OSX (current text file looks better on github: https://github.com/cas--/Deluge/blob/de ... /README.md)