Systematic crash at startup

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
SASDOE

Systematic crash at startup

Post by SASDOE »

Hello all,

Let me first put everything into context : im a setting up a home server to host and stream my movies tv shows throughout my home, as well as for backup and storage and maybe in the future remote access to my files. I would like to use deluge to download my movies etc on to the ubuntu server, and manage it from the deluge app on my mac.

However whenever i launch it, it crashes immediately. I also tried installing it the macport way, but all i get from my terminal is :

Code: Select all

maxime:~ Maxime$ sudo port install boost +python26 deluge
Error: 
Error: No valid Xcode installation is properly selected.
Error: Please use xcode-select to select an Xcode installation:
Error:     sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer # version 4.5.2
Error: 
Warning: xcodebuild exists but failed to execute
Error: Requested variants "+no_single+no_static+python26" do not match original selection "+no_single+no_static+python27".
Please use the same variants again, perform 'port clean boost' or specify the force option (-f).
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
Error: Processing of port boost failed
also tried with python 27
same for the quartz gtk method.

If y try this :

maxime:~ Maxime$ deluged-2.7 &
[1] 2661
maxime:~ Maxime$ -bash: deluged-2.7: command not found
macports
-bash: macports: command not found
I can't seem to get anything running at all. I have installed and launched and approved of the terms and conditions to xcode, installed macports as well.

Even google doesn't seem to have anything helpfull.

If anyone has a clue of how i could solve this i would be very thankfull !
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Systematic crash at startup

Post by Cas »

SASDOE

Post by SASDOE »

Already saw that post, and i have accepted the terms, and the macports problem only affects 2.1.1, and i installed 2.1.2
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Then you need to open a bug report on macports: http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
SASDOE

Post by SASDOE »

Resolved xcode problem by pointing it to where xcode is, while it was looking for it in the developper folder, where it wasn't, with this command :

sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app
Then had to install command line tools and it still installing now !
SASDOE

Post by SASDOE »

Still get a systematic crash when launching the app. When i try to launch it via the terminal with

maxime:~ Maxime$ deluge-2.7 &
[2] 32003
maxime:~ Maxime$ 
(deluge:32003): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
	Using the fallback 'C' locale.
[ERROR   ] 01:25:42 gtkui:69 Unable to initialize gettext/locale!
[ERROR   ] 01:25:42 gtkui:70 unsupported locale setting
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/gtkui/gtkui.py", line 58, in <module>
    locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL, '')
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/locale.py", line 539, in setlocale
    return _setlocale(category, locale)
Error: unsupported locale setting
[ERROR   ] 01:25:42 ipcinterface:174 Unable to start IPC listening socket: Couldn't listen on any:/Users/Maxime/.config/deluge/ipc/deluge-gtk: [Errno 22] Invalid argument.
Fontconfig warning: ignoring UTF-8: not a valid region tag
  File "/opt/local/bin/deluge-2.7", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('deluge==1.3.5', 'gui_scripts', 'deluge')()
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/main.py", line 132, in start_ui
    UI(options, args, options.args)
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/ui.py", line 150, in __init__
    ui = GtkUI(args)
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/gtkui/gtkui.py", line 253, in __init__
    reactor.run()
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/gtk2reactor.py", line 317, in run
    self.startRunning(installSignalHandlers=installSignalHandlers)
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 1148, in startRunning
    ReactorBase.startRunning(self)
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 680, in startRunning
    raise error.ReactorNotRestartable()
twisted.internet.error.ReactorNotRestartable
And yes i have launched deluged. Any ideas ? I am out.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

The first error suggests a problem with the locale you have set when running from terminal.
SASDOE

Post by SASDOE »

And how would i resolve this ? I seem to be having the same problem on my linux machine, however it has never affected any other program.
SASDOE

Post by SASDOE »

Resolved locale setting (needed to deactivate update locale blablabla in terminal settings on my mac), but still getting same error message, to the exception of the locale lines.

File "/opt/local/bin/deluge-2.7", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('deluge==1.3.5', 'gui_scripts', 'deluge')()
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/main.py", line 132, in start_ui
    UI(options, args, options.args)
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/ui.py", line 150, in __init__
    ui = GtkUI(args)
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/gtkui/gtkui.py", line 253, in __init__
    reactor.run()
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/gtk2reactor.py", line 317, in run
    self.startRunning(installSignalHandlers=installSignalHandlers)
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 1148, in startRunning
    ReactorBase.startRunning(self)
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 680, in startRunning
    raise error.ReactorNotRestartable()
twisted.internet.error.ReactorNotRestartable
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I am not sure how you are getting that error but have you tried with latest Deluge code?