Deluge available in MacPorts

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
MySchizoBuddy

Re: Deluge available in MacPorts

Post by MySchizoBuddy »

Deluge 0.9.09
it compiles under macports, but when i run it i get this "Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)"
my python version is compiled without the debug capability and deluge seems to compile with debugging enabled.
How do i disable debug mode in deluge
metric

Post by metric »

hello :

good to see this is not abandoned >

has the Deluge been updated? As I have not tried anything in this area in over a year - figured it was just a lost cause

cheers:
good1

Post by good1 »

I'm getting this:
---> Fetching boost-jam
---> Attempting to fetch boost-jam-3.1.16.tgz from http://downloads.sourceforge.net/boost
---> Verifying checksum(s) for boost-jam
---> Extracting boost-jam
---> Applying patches to boost-jam
---> Configuring boost-jam
---> Building boost-jam
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_boost-jam/work/boost-jam-3.1.16" && ./build.sh " returned error 127
Command output: ###
### Using 'darwin' toolset.
###
rm -rf bootstrap
mkdir bootstrap
cc -o bootstrap/jam0 command.c compile.c debug.c expand.c glob.c hash.c hdrmacro.c headers.c jam.c jambase.c jamgram.c lists.c make.c make1.c newstr.c option.c output.c parse.c pathunix.c pathvms.c regexp.c rules.c scan.c search.c subst.c timestamp.c variable.c modules.c strings.c filesys.c builtins.c pwd.c class.c native.c w32_getreg.c modules/set.c modules/path.c modules/regex.c modules/property-set.c modules/sequence.c modules/order.c execunix.c fileunix.c
./build.sh: line 15: cc: command not found

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: boost boost-jam gmake gettext expat libiconv gperf ncurses ncursesw dbus-python25 dbus pkgconfig dbus-glib glib2 py25-gobject libxslt autoconf help2man p5-locale-gettext perl5.8 m4 automake libtool libxml2 zlib python25 py25-numeric librsvg libart_lgpl libcroco libgsf gnome-vfs desktop-file-utils popt gconf gtk2 atk cairo fontconfig freetype libpixman libpng render xrender jpeg pango Xft2 xorg-xproto xorg-util-macros shared-mime-info p5-xml-parser tiff intltool gnome-common orbit2 libidl gnome-mime-data openssl libbonobo py25-gtk libglade2 py25-cairo py25-numpy fftw-3 py25-hashlib py25-setuptools py25-zlib py25-xdg
Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
when i try to install the deluge 1.0.0 for mac leopard 10.5
metric

Post by metric »

Hello mate:

i was looking to see if Deluge could be run in Linux running parallels with OS X

are you PPC or Intel Mac?
good1

Post by good1 »

intel mac

but i have no idea whats causing it to fail building
metric

Post by metric »

Hallo Mate :

have you looked on any other sites
I suspect this project of a Mac Build Beta version of Deluge was abandoned long ago

dunno - has there been anything posted latter year 08 for a Mac Deluge
I failed at getting any information regarding Deluge for Linux - then again I did not pester at it much either

wishin you luck and do report should you find anything new -

Idea- do you run parallels ? have you tried Deluge in XP ?

Cheers?
deluge_devil
New User
New User

Re: Using deluge in os x

Post by deluge_devil »

Hey deluge team and users,

it is my first forum post ever and I hope I can help all os x users to get the whole deluge experience.

First to fall I want to thank the deluge team for the great work. I was looking for a torrent client which is stable and fast. So here I go......... Keep it up!

The macports version is not supported properly and it seems to have a lot of problems to be solved before working correctly. That`s why I was looking for another solution. I tried a lot of things and finally figured this out: I hope I help anyone out with that. The problem is, it will only work on Intel macs....

1.) Got to
http://www.virtualbox.org
and get the os x build in the latest version. I think it`s 2.02 now.
Virtualbox is comparable to Parallels or Fusion with focus on Linux and Windows virtualisation. It doesn`t have as much features as the other competitiors on the market, but it is growing fast and the best thing: It`s free!

2.) Choose a linux distro deluge works on, download an install in virtualbox.
I chose ubuntu an went to
http://www.ubuntu.com
and got the latest version (8.04.1) as alternet desktop cd, because it is easier to install in virtualbox.
I chose the following options in virtualbox
- RAM 1024 MB
- Grafical RAM 32MB
- Drive 20 GB
- Booting from iso : ubuntu
- core audio ICHAC 97
- Network: PC Fastnet III, Hostinterface (check your mac interface in the list below)
- enable usb 2.0
- enable shared folders and choose a folder (important!!!) to share the files with osx. I called it vboxshare (we will need the name later.)

3.) Configuring ubuntu
- Install ubuntu completely
- Install virtual box tools as root (sudo .......!!!!!!!!)
- Restart the system (now grafic cards and mouse capture should work properly)
- configure your network drive (manually or dhcp)
- get all system updates
- configure ubuntu the way you like it
- check out the correct deluge version and install. I chose .deb for Hardy 8.04.
- configure deluge the way you want it
- IMPORTANT: In this version upnp for installed programs doesn`t work correctly in virtualbox. You have to open the port in your NAT (fritz box or similar) by hand. Then try in the network settings of deluge if it works.

4.) Configuring shared folders
Here we face another issue in virtualbox. Doing it the way the manual says is not working. I figured it out to do it this way. In this example a folder called „share“ is in the direction /home/USERNAME/share in ubuntu.

Make a new folder in /home/USERNAME/ called share
Open the terminal an do:

sudo mount -t vboxsf -o uid=USERNAME SHAREDFOLDER /home/USERNAME/share

USERNAME stands for the username you configured in ubuntu.
SHAREDFOLDER stands for the name of the shared folder configured in virtualbox.

Now you should see the content of your os x folder in the folder share.

5.) To automatically connect the shared folder anytime ubuntu starts, do:
In ubuntu go to:

/etc/rc.local

Open as root and add a line before the exit line:

sudo mount -t vboxsf -o uid=USERNAME SHAREDFOLDER /home/USERNAME/share

Finally my file looks like that:

#!/bin/sh -e
#
# rc.local
#
# This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
# Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
# value on error.
#
# In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
# bits.
#
# By default this script does nothing.

sudo mount -t vboxsf -o uid=tommy vboxshare /home/tommy/share
exit 0

HINTS:
- To avoid the virtualbox ubuntu Image getting to big I directly save the torrents in the shared folder.
- You can make snapshots in virtualbox to save the state of your virtualbox file. So you can go back anytime you want.

This way I don`t mess up my osx system, deluge is always up to date, I can use the linux distro for more things and all components are free.

I´m not a programmer and appriciate all the work and giving us users software for free. I hope I helped anyone with that and can give a little bit back.

HAVE FUN DOWNLOADING!
good1

Post by good1 »

so was the boost-jam thing ever fixed by the boost devs? because i can't seem to install python25 or python_select...

here are the error messages when i try to install python_select:

Code: Select all

--->  Fetching python_select
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for python_select
--->  Extracting python_select
--->  Configuring python_select
--->  Building python_select with target all
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_sysutils_python_select/work/select-0.1" && make all " returned error 127
Command output: sh: make: command not found

Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
metric

Post by metric »

Hallo Deluge Devil :

just now see your reply -

you suggestion of Virtual Box sounds great - but what of us PPC Mac users - are we just gonna drown in Az hell swap water murk ?

this is why I look to build Deluge in Ubuntu /dual boot on me PPC Mac machine - have read this is possible - this is what I aspire to

seeking any PPC mac users for success stories

good luck all

cheers:
trainstroker

Post by trainstroker »

fancyclown wrote:Hey, I installed deluge with macports and think everything went fine but its just one thing... how do you start it up? Im totally lost, do you have to type something in the terminal everytime you want to run deluge?
you can create an automator script to open deluge, and then save that script as a .app, so when you double click on the .app you created deluge will start with no more terminal shenanigans.