Deluge available in MacPorts

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Deluge available in MacPorts

Post by markybob »

astr0b0y wrote:Can anyone comment on the possibility of the being ported/built to have a native Mac GUI and not have to run in an X Windows environment?
none of the developers have a mac, so it's very unlikely that a true mac port will be made, unless someone feels like being generous and donating a mac or does the port themselves. as a deluge developer, i'd gladly port it if someone donated the hardware.
zachtib
Leecher
Leecher

Post by zachtib »

markybob wrote:
astr0b0y wrote:Can anyone comment on the possibility of the being ported/built to have a native Mac GUI and not have to run in an X Windows environment?
none of the developers have a mac, so it's very unlikely that a true mac port will be made, unless someone feels like being generous and donating a mac or does the port themselves. as a deluge developer, i'd gladly port it if someone donated the hardware.
well, i've got a G4 Mac Mini, but compiling on it is a royal pain... There was one person who was planning on building a native Mac GUI, don't know what happened to him...
Former Deluge Developer
abetam

Post by abetam »

Keep getting bus error whenever I launch deluge... anyone having the same problem?
zaxxon
New User
New User

Post by zaxxon »

Ahhhh, so it's not just me ;)

Trying to build deluge on Leopard via the ports. I had problems with boost, now it's dbus-glib that won't build, citing some problems with ld.
"
ld: duplicate symbol _g_bit_nth_lsf in .libs/dbus-gmain.o and .libs/dbus-glib.o
"
There is some mention on http://www.cocoabuilder.com/archive/mes ... 0/31/16384that seems similar.

Perhaps it's just a matter of waiting until developers fix the packages on ports?

Something other : I tried to get 0.5.6 onto my cube running tiger, because the package in ports is still 0.5.5

BUT! The build process doesn't find boost, for example. Which environment variables do I have to set to which path so I can compile the sources when I have the support libraries installed via ports?

thanks a lot!
simon
hellfried
New User
New User

Post by hellfried »

i installed macports and when i type in 'sudo port install deluge' i get a whole bunch of errors :

---> Building boost-jam
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_boost-jam/work/boost-jam-3.1.15" && ./build.sh " returned error 127
Command output: ###
### Using 'darwin' toolset.
###
rm -rf bootstrap
mkdir bootstrap
cc -o bootstrap/jam0 command.c compile.c debug.c expand.c glob.c hash.c hdrmacro.c headers.c jam.c jambase.c jamgram.c lists.c make.c make1.c newstr.c option.c output.c parse.c pathunix.c pathvms.c regexp.c rules.c scan.c search.c subst.c timestamp.c variable.c modules.c strings.c filesys.c builtins.c pwd.c class.c native.c w32_getreg.c modules/set.c modules/path.c modules/regex.c modules/property-set.c modules/sequence.c modules/order.c execunix.c fileunix.c
./build.sh: line 15: cc: command not found

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: boost boost-jam dbus-python25 dbus docbook-xml-4.1.2 xmlcatmgr expat libxml2 libiconv gperf zlib pkgconfig xmlto docbook-xml-4.2 docbook-xsl getopt gettext libxslt dbus-glib glib2 py25-gobject python25 py25-numeric py25-gtk gtk2 atk cairo fontconfig freetype libpng render xrender XFree86 gtk-doc perl5.8 scrollkeeper docbook-xml docbook-xml-4.3 docbook-xml-4.4 docbook-xml-4.5 p5-xml-parser jpeg pango Xft2 xorg-xproto xorg-util-macros tiff xorg libglade2 py25-cairo py25-xdg py25-zlib
Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.

i am running tiger. help!
metric

Post by metric »

Howdy Folks:

Happy Boxing Day :
G4 PB 1.6 Tiger 10.4.12
Installed Macports : Keep getting an error message " sudo: port: command not found: and if I follow instructions from read folder - " make " not valid command

any ideas how to proceed - figure with the performance of Transmnission of late - more Mac users will be looking to Deluge - maybe together we could settle a simple install

cheers:
banzai

Post by banzai »

Installed Macports : Keep getting an error message " sudo: port: command not found: and if I follow instructions from read folder - " make " not valid command any ideas how to proceed - figure with the performance of Transmnission of late - more Mac users will be looking to Deluge - maybe together we could settle a simple install
Hey there...just went through this myself.

Short answer: add this to your .profile:
PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH
export PATH

longer answer-
I am going to write this as if you might not know unix well. My apologies if you do.
First, make sure you have the proper Xtools installed. I would guess that you do, if you have macports installed, but if you don't...(if you are running 10.5, it is xcode 3, if you are running 10.4 it will be 2.5).
the xcode and tools can be downloaded for free from the apple developer site:
http://developer.apple.com/tools/xcode/index.html
Or much easier, go find your original DVD that came with your mac! (or your newest OS install DVD). It is on there. You will need to install the XCODE tools. This is pretty easy to find. You will also need to install X11 user and X11 SDK. You may have to hunt around on the DVD for these, but both of these packages should be there. Ok, done? good.
You will have to have an admin password, of course.
Now that you have these, there is one more thing to do. open up a terminal window. When you open it up, it should be in your home directory. how to find out? type pwd at the prompt.
You should get a return of: /Users/username. If so, great!
Now, do an ls -al. you may have to scroll up, but we are looking for a file called ".profile" Yes, that is a period at the beginning. (which hides the file from normal view). If it is not there, no big deal. We will make it. if it is, it is really the same procedure! Ok, this will involve a little vi.
type:
vi .profile
(if the file exists, this will open it. If it doesn't, when we put something into it and save it, we will create it. I am going to assume it doesn't exist, because it doesn't by default.)
You will be at the top of the file, and it is empty (ignore the ~ signs.) Now, hit escape, this will put you into command mode. Now type: i (that is, lower case letter "i").
and paste this into your file:
PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH
export PATH
Those should come out as 2 separate lines.
Now, hit escape, and type:
:x <enter>
That is colon, the letter "x" and hit enter.
This will save and create your file, and exit you out of vi back to a prompt.
NOW port is in your path. I would quit terminal and start again, and then your "sudo port selfupdate" and so forth should work.

This worked for me...to a point. The install deluge kicked off fine, but has been stuck at
---> Building boost with target all
for about 20 minutes. we will see what happens from here...
banzai

Post by banzai »

Ok, so the

Code: Select all

--->  Building boost with target all
was just slow...it eventually moved on. But the install got stuck at:

--->  Building dbus-glib with target all
This time it truly was going nowhere. a quick google led me to some folks who had problems with this whilst installing GIMP. Check it out here:
http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/13448
So I got through that little problem (reverted the glib back to an older version)...
restarted the deluge install, and now we run into:

Building python25 with target all
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_lang_python25/work/Python-2.5.1" && make all " returned error 2
Command output: Modules/main.c:186: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -c -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-double -no-cpp-precomp -mno-fused-madd -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes  -I. -I./Include -I/opt/local/include  -DPy_BUILD_CORE -o Modules/gcmodule.o Modules/gcmodule.c
blah blah blah...a couple of pages of error messages, ending with:

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: dbus-python25 py25-gobject python25 py25-numeric py25-gtk gtk2 atk cairo fontconfig freetype libpng render xrender gtk-doc perl5.8 scrollkeeper docbook-xml docbook-xml-4.3 docbook-xml-4.4 docbook-xml-4.5 p5-xml-parser jpeg pango Xft2 xorg-xproto xorg-util-macros tiff libglade2 py25-cairo py25-xdg py25-zlib
Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
I tried:

sudo port install dbus-python25
and

sudo port install python25
both of which bombed.
My system isn't really unique or special. Pretty stock 10.4 install. At this point I am giving up. I thought I might be ready for installing an app via macports and running it in X11. Guess not.
Call me when the app can be downloaded, installed and run without macports and X11.
metric

Post by metric »

Howdy banzai:

Bugger mate - all your trouble for no go - so when I read that the developers do not have Mac machine - is still true to say

cheers ya for all your efforts so far - and for the detailed write up - patience , I suppose ........

cheers:
neddo

Post by neddo »

I am having the same problem and started another thread here http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 4507#p4507 with no replys. guess I'll be watching this one too....