Deluge.app (Current version: 1.3.11)

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Deluge.app (Testing version: 1.3.6)

Post by Cas »

I have uploaded 1.3.6 to our download section and updated the links.
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

Cas wrote:I have uploaded 1.3.6 to our download section and updated the links.
Noticed it, thanks :)
KingB
New User
New User

Post by KingB »

Cas wrote:I have uploaded 1.3.6 to our download section and updated the links.
would it be possible to update the main post when you make releases for versions like this? its hard to find your posts sometimes

also... if you would like someone to test your builds on newer versions of osx please get in touch with me
xaeiou
New User
New User

Re: Deluge.app (Current version: 1.3.6)

Post by xaeiou »

Hi

I'm running the current version 1.3.6 of the app under osx 10.8.4. I did a "normal" install of the app. I'm running in classic GUI mode so I can manage both a local and remote daemon.

However, when I try to start the local daemon I get the message:

/deluged: line 69: /Applications/Deluge.app/Contents/Contents/MacOS/Deluge-python: No such file or directory

So I tried the obvious quick fix in the terminal:

$ ln -s /Applications/Deluge.app/Contents Contents

And now deluged starts fine from the GUI. Anyone else seeing this, or did something just go wrong on my install?
KingB
New User
New User

Post by KingB »

Confirmed 1.3.6 working on OS X 10.9 Developer Preview 1

Still having issues with sched. plugin displaying oddly though
doc
New User
New User

Post by doc »

xaeiou wrote:Hi

I'm running the current version 1.3.6 of the app under osx 10.8.4. I did a "normal" install of the app. I'm running in classic GUI mode so I can manage both a local and remote daemon.

/deluged: line 69: /Applications/Deluge.app/Contents/Contents/MacOS/Deluge-python: No such file or directory

And now deluged starts fine from the GUI. Anyone else seeing this, or did something just go wrong on my install?
Seeing this exact same thing, also with 10.8.4. Unfortunately your workaround is not working for me, the icon just pops up and then disappears. Pretty sure the OS Update introduced the problem as it ran fine previously.
acordill
New User
New User

Post by acordill »

I can't seem to be able to get the local daemon to start when I am not in classic mode. It works fine while in classic mode but not otherwise. Any help would be appreciated.
xaeiou
New User
New User

Post by xaeiou »

doc wrote:
xaeiou wrote:Hi

Seeing this exact same thing, also with 10.8.4. Unfortunately your workaround is not working for me, the icon just pops up and then disappears. Pretty sure the OS Update introduced the problem as it ran fine previously.
I'm not sure which icon you are referring to? In this case I'm only talking about starting the deluge daemon, not the app itself, which starts ok.

I've since upgraded to osx 10.9. Now I *can't* start the daemon from the app gui, but I can stop it from the gui.

After a bit of experimentation, I found if I start the daemon from the command line while running the deluge app gui, it won't find the local daemon (localhost stays red in connection manager) unless I exit and re-enter the connection manager. Then all is well.

Start the daemon from the command line as follows:

Code: Select all

cd /Applications/Deluge.app/Contents/MacOS/
sudo ./deluged &"
You can check the daemon is running using (in my case on the default port 58846):

Code: Select all

sudo lsof -n | grep 58846
Deluge-py 2398             me  12u     IPv4           0t0     TCP 127.0.0.1:52279->127.0.0.1:58846 (ESTABLISHED)
Deluge-py 2492            root    9u     IPv4          0t0     TCP 127.0.0.1:58846 (LISTEN)
Deluge-py 2492            root   18u     IPv4           0t0     TCP 127.0.0.1:58846->127.0.0.1:52279 (ESTABLISHED)

Larrikin

Post by Larrikin »

Hi, will the current version of Deluge be released in .app form?
alexholliz
New User
New User

Re: Deluge.app (Current version: 1.3.9)

Post by alexholliz »

I'm having trouble getting the daemon to start when I run Deluge *not* in classic mode. On yosemite, if that helps.

I noticed that deluged tries to call /Applications/Deluge.app/Contents/Contents/MacOS/deluge-python and that doesn't work at all, so I modified deluged to call /Applications/Deluge.app/Contents/MacOS/deluge-python, and that works from command line, but I can't start it with the Start Daemon button.
I quoted this from the other thread, Cas asked me to move it. I haven't had the deluge-deamon (1.3.6+) start on Mavericks or Yosemite with the button in the connection manager.