Sharing: Installation things to aware

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
adrianshum

Sharing: Installation things to aware

Post by adrianshum »

I was installing (and still installing now) deluge from yesterday, encountered several issues. Just jot it here to share and hope to save other's time for trial and error

I am using Macbook Pro with pre-installed Leopard 10.5.2

1) Macport 1.6
Issue: no .profile is created after install.
Way to fix: execute the post installation script manually in Terminal (You should have the disk image of macport mounted) by:
/Volumes/MacPorts-1.6.0/MacPorts-1.6.0.pkg/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/postflight

2) boost
Issue: Boost cannot be built during sudo "port install deluge"
Way to Fix:
sudo port clean boost
sudo port install jam
sudo port install boost
after a long time of build for boost, you can install deluge again

3) update-desktop-database
Issue: deluge install failed with error: Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: shell command "/opt/local/bin/update-desktop-database /opt/local/share/applications" returned error 1
Command output: No directories in update-desktop-database search path could be processed and updated.

Way to fix: nothing needed to be fix. Just run port install deluge again and this error will be gone

4) gtk
Issue: complaining for /usr/X11/lib/libXrandr.2.0.0.dylib not found
Way to Fix: Seems X11SDK in pre-installed 10.5.2 do not come with libXrandr.2.0.0. I just do a sym link to libXrandr.2 for this:
sudo ln -s libXrandr.2.dylib /usr/X11/lib/libXrandr.2.0.0.dylib

5) py25-hashlib
Issue: building '_hashlib' extension
creating build
creating build/temp.macosx-10.3-i386-2.5
-DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include/python2.5 -c _hashopenssl.c -o build/temp.macosx-10.3-i386-2.5/_hashopenssl.o
unable to execute -DNDEBUG: No such file or directory
error: command '-DNDEBUG' failed with exit status 1

Way to Fix:
sudo port clean py25-hashlib
sudo port install py25-hashlib

6) py25-zlib
Issue & Way to Fix: similar to 5) (py25-hashlib)

My deluge is still installiing. If there are any update on this list I shall update it accordingly