Using WineBottler to Run Deluge Win32 Executable

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
genezkool323
New User
New User

Using WineBottler to Run Deluge Win32 Executable

Post by genezkool323 »

I have successfully been running Deluge for a while now by using WineBottler with the py26 WineTrick.

All that needs to be done is to load the setup file and make sure you choose the Python 2.6 WineTrick and then accept all the default settings for the install dialogs. Then when it asks you which binary you would like to run, just select deluge.exe.

It's a bit shotty but all I really need is the GtkUI to access my remote daemon.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sincerely,
genezkool
diablo_man5666

Re: Using WineBottler to Run Deluge Win32 Executable

Post by diablo_man5666 »

Any comments on how to get that working?

I've got deluge installed and whatnot with Wine, and the python winetricks, but I can't seem to get it to actually run....
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

I'm not actually running on OSX, so I may be missing something, but it seems counter-intuitive to run the windows version through wine. Doesn't this method work for you?
genezkool323
New User
New User

Post by genezkool323 »

Yeah, I attempted with that guide like two times, and they have both failed for me on Snow Leopard. There was a new Xcode package released so that may have fixed things, but all attempts were unsuccessful.

Anyway, this method works surprisingly well, and like I said all I need is a gtk-console so I can control my remote daemon.

As to whether you can actually load torrents, I have no idea.

@diablo_man5666: You must use WineBottler located at http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/ and download any version of Win32 Deluge you would like from the site. Open WineBottler and choose Create Custom Prefixes... from the side. Choose the install file. Under Winetricks, find the Python 2.6 runtimes and you should be good to install. You'll run through the Python install, the Deluge install, and then the GTK install. At the end it will ask you which program to run when you select the .app file and you'll want to just find deluge.exe . Upon launch, it should run just fine.
daenney
New User
New User

Post by daenney »

This is brilliant. Took me all in all 10min to get this working.

I'll see if the bottler can create a self-contained bottle with the Wine executables inside. If all the necessary Licenses are included we should be able to distribute it that way. Might make a lot of people's lives a lot easier.