Deluge.app - Native OS X Deluge Client

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
macdelugeplease

Re: Deluge.app - Native OS X Deluge Client

Post by macdelugeplease »

This is really exciting. I can tell you there is huge support for a native OS X Deluge. You guys would be a hero to the masses. I wish I knew anything about coding and I would help. I'm certainly happy to alpha or beta test.
daenney
New User
New User

Post by daenney »

macdelugeplease wrote:This is really exciting. I can tell you there is huge support for a native OS X Deluge. You guys would be a hero to the masses. I wish I knew anything about coding and I would help. I'm certainly happy to alpha or beta test.
I'll keep that in mind but when it comes to my project it might take a while. I was hoping to get some work done this week but between exams, work and actually catching some sleep the mockups will have to wait until this weekend.
keepitcomplicated

Post by keepitcomplicated »

I was actually testing a native Mac OS X client for Deluge today... to be released soon!

I can show you the sidebar icons I designed for it, hopefully I can post a full screenshot of the app this week :roll:
Attachments
0_icons.png
0_icons.png (9.16 KiB) Viewed 7998 times
macdelugeplease

Be still my beating heart. This is too good to be true. I hope you're not trolling us.
keepitcomplicated

Post by keepitcomplicated »

I'm not the developer (just the icon designer and feature requester), so I don't know a lot about the details.
We won't finish all the features, basically just what we really need for our seed-box... but I know the plan is to release it open-source and hope the community will catch on and help fill in the missing features.

@bcode I don't think your new icon isn very "mac-ish" at all... there's a lot more going on, but I have to say that I prefer the original.
Attachments
Adding torrent
Adding torrent
Screen shot 2011-01-25 at 12.37.31.png (78.31 KiB) Viewed 7980 times
hjaltij
New User
New User

Post by hjaltij »

Hi,

I'm the developer of this very thin client that keepitcomplicated is talking about. Basically I put this together over the weekend because the WebUI was causing Safari and Chrome to lock up.

It's very basic and written in Objective-C because MacRuby, RubyCocoa and PyObjC aren't mature enough for my taste. I usually find my self writing more code and spending more time trying to get things to work correctly when using the scripting languages with Cocoa APIs and since I've been developing Mac and iPhone apps for the last 4-5 years it feels more natural.

I'll probably put this up on github in the next few days so please make your own fork and add features.

At the moment it supports.
List view of current torrents
Filtering by state
Basic search (filter)
Adding new torrents (drag and drop)
Removing torrents (and data)

That's about it for now but adding support for other methods is pretty trivial given the RPC/JSON handling is in there.

Cheers.
- Hjalti
Last edited by hjaltij on Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gmichels
New User
New User

Post by gmichels »

These are really great news. I'm dying for a native deluge client on my mac. The current features are sufficient for me, apart from filtering by labels, which shouldn't be much of a hassle to add.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, thanks for your efforts.
hjaltij
New User
New User

Post by hjaltij »

I haven't read the whole thread but what happened to the other native clients?
gmichels
New User
New User

Post by gmichels »

No native client was ever released. The OP said he would have something to release (this was back in 2009 I guess) but never had the chance/time to.
macdelugeplease

This is great news. Really exciting. Just so I understand, will this be wrapped in a dmg that I download and install and that's it? Or will you have to compile Deluge yourself first?