My thought exactly.
zachtib
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Deluge.app - Native OS X Deluge Client

Post by zachtib »

fantomaz wrote:any news?
Hey,

It's kind of a rough semester with school and work, so I haven't made much progress recently. I just saw that 1.2.0 final was posted, so I'll see about packaging it soon.
Former Deluge Developer
phlegmatic
New User
New User

Post by phlegmatic »

subscribed!
iMacKat

Post by iMacKat »

I just wanted to jump in with the others' applauds (also others who do not register here to say it) that I think it's awesome, super duper great, that you would want to do this for us!! :D

I mean, even if it would end up as a 500 mb app LOL it's way better than several GB's out of macport or fink-thingies.
(I only use macports for Deluge, nothing else. ;) )

I think it will be more Mac people using Deluge than it is now, rather than for example Transmission or Azureus/Vuze. People, like myself, who aren't very pleased with those clients. Although, they do seem to make some progress on the Mac-µTorrent side (the work on the Alpha they have right now, it seems they are making progress there compared to the earlier releases) but we Maccies sure aren't spoiled rotten when it comes to good, lightweight torrent clients - so yes, this is really wonderful news!

I hope everything is going great for you at work and in school, and it's good you think of those things first. :)

Thank you so very much from Sweden!!
akiratea
New User
New User

Post by akiratea »

I agree with iMacKat. Used Azureus for a long time but each update made it more bloated and CPU hungry. I tried other clients but they all have problems. Many people say use Transmission but out side of it being light weight, I've all way had problem getting it to download torrent files that work with other clients.
The only reason I use macports is for a torrent client. I've never got Deluge to compile correctly so right now I using Ktorrent. It works but I been dieing to try Deluge after seeing it run and reading about all the features.

zachtib thanks for putting a native osx port into reality.
macdelugeplease

Post by macdelugeplease »

I would be ecstatic if this got off the ground. I love Deluge and Mac OS X needs a great client. Transmission doesn't hack it. Seriously, the Deluge developers are in a great position to become the go-to client for Mac OS X.

What's the status? Is 1.2.1 coming any time soon?
shoarthing

Post by shoarthing »

zachtib - Hi - a stable competent OSX torrent-client would be . . . just sooo good.

Applause for your taking on this project.
drrock77

Post by drrock77 »

A Native Mac Os X interface would be tremendous. Any news on this update?

Or anything I can help out with?
MacOSXDeluge
New User
New User

Post by MacOSXDeluge »

Is this going to happen with the new update? I just heard about deluge and feel that it would be a lot better than using transmission since I like how the interface looks compared to the other options out there.
shoarthing

Post by shoarthing »

zachtib - Hi - have just noticed that one of the private mac-focused trackers I use explicitly supports recent versions of Deluge - & a couple of large private trackers are [right now] forcing mac-user members to use either uTorrent [beta] or Transmission [an eternal beta] :roll:

As you can see from previous posts, your project to make a Mac-friendly Deluge has genuine support & meets a genuine need . . . it would be great to hear of any progress &/or what we might do to help .