Deluge.app - Native OS X Deluge Client

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
CSB
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Deluge.app - Native OS X Deluge Client

Post by CSB »

hjaltij, any news on your native client? I wouldn't mind testing, if that'd help...
liriel

Post by liriel »

So much action and anticipation on this thread, then nothing for a month.

hjaltij, you still around and working on this? If so, anything we can do to help you?
gbw88

Post by gbw88 »

I know this is somewhat from left field (and apologies if its unrelated/detracting from the thread) but for a project in my mobile computing class this year, I attempted to tackle a remote client to use with Deluge. Granted it was intended for the iPhone, I imagine it isn't hard to use the same code for an OSX platform. Thing is though, my group ran into bumps along the way (if anyone knows anything about Apple's beloved Objective-C- well, suffice to say I hate their NSURL classes) and with college graduation coming up- well, yea. Not hard to fill in the blanks I guess.

Anyway, we did manage to get the basics of a remote client that utilizes the web/JSON interface to speak to the server; getting the particulars were more tricky- mostly because of lack of JSON and Objective-C experience. I guess what I'm driving at here is if people have any thoughts? Its hardly a "native" client, and in truth the model behaves more like a wrapper for the web-GUI, but having gone over the code from the Transdroid Bittorrent client (Android/Java) its an approach that certainly seems to work well enough. I'd be happy to contribute to the community if I can manage to hammer out the kinks I've run into, but its kinda a fear that if I do it in the manner I've mentioned above, it'll be little more than a stopgap until a genuinely ported version of the original code. And I mean really- does anyone enjoy being a stopgap? :lol:
r0b010146

Post by r0b010146 »

I know its been a few months, but is there any update on this?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

See carbncl's latest post for a Deluge.app to test out!

http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 97#p159755