1.0.0 running natively on Leopard + advice needed

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
angusmcb
New User
New User

1.0.0 running natively on Leopard + advice needed

Post by angusmcb »

I finally managed to find time to build 1.0.0 without X on Leopard.
Working so far: gtkui in non-daemon mode and webui.
Not working: gtkui in daemon mode and non-english languages.

The build process is much simpler than it was for 0.5 due to all the dbus nonsense being gone, and improvements in the gtk-osx scripts - now building with the apple python 2.5 installation. A complete write-up to follow shortly.
It is running rather well apart from a few issues which I could use some advice with (again!) :mrgreen:

1) I have had to remove the fork() code - this means that it will not run in daemon mode with the gtkui. Applications
that use CoreFoundation must exec() from the child process after a fork(), otherwise CF will halt the execution. Runs in non-daemon mode just fine. Implementation ideas from python speakers welcome.

2) No localization: deluge was failing on startup due to bindtextdomain() being missing from locale: not sure if this is a python problem, a missing dependency, or gettext but ripping out the code and setting the locale to "LC_ALL, '' did the trick. again suggestions on howto fix this also appreciated.

I know many people are keen to see a native osx version, so as soon as I get these issues sorted I'll do my best to get it packed up into a bundle.
zaxxon
New User
New User

Re: 1.0.0 running natively on Leopard + advice needed

Post by zaxxon »

Where/How did you rip out the fork() code?
angusmcb
New User
New User

Re: 1.0.0 running natively on Leopard + advice needed

Post by angusmcb »

zaxxon wrote:Where/How did you rip out the fork() code?

main.py line 132:
# If the donot daemonize is set, then we just skip the forking
if False: