Anything new on the M1 front?

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
scappata
New User
New User

Anything new on the M1 front?

Post by scappata »

I've perused the forum best I can. The recent posts on the ETA on 2.0.3 thread are beyond my comprehension/use.

So I am wondering if there is anything new re: M1s and Deluge? Especially as regards upwards of 1300 torrents.

Thanks.
darksavior
New User
New User

Re: Anything new on the M1 front?

Post by darksavior »

You can compile 2.0.5 for M1 with Brew. https://github.com/amar1729/homebrew-deluge-meta
It is a binary so you'll have to execute it from the terminal each time.

If you don't want to do that, then you can right click on an existing deluge.app (I was using 2.0.4 if it matters), choose Show Package Contents, head to /Contents/MacOS/, and overwrite the files that are in there. I'm not sure if there's an alternative to packing a binary into an .app but this method worked for me.
amar1729
New User
New User

Re: Anything new on the M1 front?

Post by amar1729 »

This is something I haven't been able to test until recently on M1 - the deluge and deluge-gtk commands work just fine to open a GUI, but deluged provided by my formula does NOT work. More details here https://github.com/Amar1729/homebrew-de ... /issues/11 , but the problem is that M1 macs have stricter code-signing requirements than intel macs, and the OS is stopping deluge from running the outdated ffi.callback() method.

I'm trying to figure out the right way to fix this, but for now you still can run the daemon deluged on an M1 mac with a virtual environment:

Code: Select all

# there may be deps other than this, check my deluge.rb formula for the deps it uses if this doesnt work
brew install libtorrent-rasterbar
python3 -m venv --system-site-packages venv
venv/bin/pip install deluge

venv/bin/deluged -d
Another note - the deluge GUI (in "standalone" mode) somehow works just fine to download torrents as an alternative to deluged, so this issue is only a problem if you prefer running the daemon on e.g. a m1 mac mini running on a server.