0.5.7.98 Bugs

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: 0.5.7.98 Bugs

Post by markybob »

dolphin.s wrote:I closed deluge last night - no problems, no crash - and today none of my torrents downloads. they are all queued. and i can't access any menus. i just click and get no response. it isn't frozen, it just doesn't seem to be working. like it has a window in front - or a dialog box like the new version one - only there's none.

help :|
are you using rc2 or rc1? if rc1, try upgrading
dolphin.s
New User
New User

Post by dolphin.s »

markybob wrote:
dolphin.s wrote:I closed deluge last night - no problems, no crash - and today none of my torrents downloads. they are all queued. and i can't access any menus. i just click and get no response. it isn't frozen, it just doesn't seem to be working. like it has a window in front - or a dialog box like the new version one - only there's none.

help :|
are you using rc2 or rc1? if rc1, try upgrading
am using Rc2

and I can access File menu and quit the program. but none of the others.
niknik

Post by niknik »

Have you checked it isn't re-checking all your current torrents?
Mine does that, and it's effectively frozen for nearly 20 minutes until it rechecks all torrents.
(Check for the Hard disk light/noise)
dolphin.s
New User
New User

Post by dolphin.s »

no it isn't. it has when i re-instaled the previous version and it crashed. then i installed the latest one again, it checked them and now they're all in queue again.
and i can't access settings or anything. Is like I have 0 on the number of torrents to download :/
dolphin.s
New User
New User

Post by dolphin.s »

argh!
i've uninstaled, re-instaled. deleted persistent.state

nothing works! can't call preferences. my torrents permanently on queue. i'm about to cry! :(
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

dolphin.s wrote:no it isn't. it has when i re-instaled the previous version and it crashed. then i installed the latest one again, it checked them and now they're all in queue again.
and i can't access settings or anything. Is like I have 0 on the number of torrents to download :/
do you? check your preferences. pause all sets the number of torrents to 0. maybe you did that and didnt click on resume all? anyway, if not, you can try removing prefs.state
dolphin.s
New User
New User

Post by dolphin.s »

markybob wrote:
dolphin.s wrote:no it isn't. it has when i re-instaled the previous version and it crashed. then i installed the latest one again, it checked them and now they're all in queue again.
do you? check your preferences. pause all sets the number of torrents to 0. maybe you did that and didnt click on resume all? anyway, if not, you can try removing prefs.state
That did it!!! deleting prefs.state :D

I couldn't check my preferences! none of my menu options besides File/QUit worked. I clicked on preferences and nothing happened - it didn't open the preferences box.

thanks!!! a lot!!! :D

i wasn't ready to go back to utorrent. i love deluge ;)
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

dolphin.s wrote:i wasn't ready to go back to utorrent. i love deluge ;)
glad to hear :) be sure to spread the word!
dolphin.s
New User
New User

Post by dolphin.s »

markybob wrote:
dolphin.s wrote:i wasn't ready to go back to utorrent. i love deluge ;)
glad to hear :) be sure to spread the word!

believe me, i do. i've converted a few into true believers ;)
Silviu
New User
New User

Post by Silviu »

Hello markybob, that "bug" on windows Vista is still here :( when closing Deluge, dbus-daemon-deluge.exe still remains in memory.
I tryed what u suggested some versions ago to try kill it manually, bue with no success from command line, i can kill it from Task manager.

Code: Select all

C:\Users\Silviu>taskkill.exe /IM dbus-daemon-deluge.exe
ERROR: The process "dbus-daemon-deluge.exe" with PID 4380 could not be terminate
d.
Reason: This process can only be terminated forcefully (with /F option).

C:\Users\Silviu>taskkill.exe /F /IM dbus-daemon-deluge.exe
ERROR: The process "dbus-daemon-deluge.exe" with PID 4380 could not be terminate
d.
Reason: Access is denied.
If i do something wrong please tell me ;)
Btw i use RC2 version, and thank u verry much for this super client that manages to pass my isp throttle :)