Port Forwarding???

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
persian99
New User
New User

Port Forwarding???

Post by persian99 »

Is there any website which shows the guide to port forwarding Deluge?? My torrent is very slow, and when I downloaded the Deluge setup torrent, the speed was very fast. Also, is it possible to increase my download speed without port forwarding, because when I port forward, the "Data" light doesn't blink on my modem.

EDIT: I'm downloading two torrents now, 1 with 1562 seeders and 1082. The connected seeders for the first one is only 9 with 0.0KiB/s - 2.0KiB/s, the second one, 15 with speed 20.0KiB/s - 30.0KiB/s.

Is there any way to increase the speed or the connected seeders for the first one??
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Port Forwarding???

Post by markybob »

there's no how-to, because it's dependent on your router/modem. there are thousands of them and thus, thousands of different ways. you need to look at your router's manual to figure it out. also, be sure that you're not using the default ports, like the faq says. and have encryption enabled, and not forced.
persian99
New User
New User

Post by persian99 »

what do you mean by default ports??
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

persian99 wrote:what do you mean by default ports??
Question: Which ports should I use?
Answer: The official ports for BitTorrent are 6881-6889, but most ISPs block or at least throttle those ports, so users are encouraged to use a port range of something between 49152 and 65535.

http://deluge-torrent.org/faq.php#5n33
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

persian99 wrote:Is there any website which shows the guide to port forwarding Deluge??
not exactly.

however you can go to portforward, choose your router (if it's there) and then follow the guide for utorrent or just the general guide.

actually markybob, you should request a guide for deluge, like that it would be even easier for deluge users to setup port forwarding :D
persian99
New User
New User

Post by persian99 »

actually markybob, you should request a guide for deluge, like that it would be even easier for deluge users to setup port forwarding
agreed

already changed the ports but its still the same.. I wonder if it has something to do with trackers.. can I change which tracker Deluge should "connect" to?
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

persian99 wrote:already changed the ports but its still the same.. I wonder if it has something to do with trackers.. can I change which tracker Deluge should "connect" to?
does the test active port button now report that the port is open?

I'm pretty sure deluge uses the first tracker it can connect to, so if you have multiple trackers for the one torrent you should be able to rearrange the trackers and deluge will connect to the first it can. Just right click on a torrent, go to tracker options then edit trackers. Rearrange them and hit ok. You should get a different tracker (as long as the other trackers are working).
persian99
New User
New User

Post by persian99 »

TCP port 49152 open on xx.xx.x.xxx

Yay! :-)

Already rearranged the trackers, put the Piratebay tracker at top, cause it's the fastest. But I'm only getting 15 - 20 KiB/s!!
My max HTTP download speed is 160 KiB/s, and with 1000+ seeders I don't know why it doesn't jump there. Does anyone know a fast tracker?

EDIT: Connected to a tracker which had 1000+ seeders, piratebay had 200+, but speed is still the same. Only 1 torrent is on, and out of 1000+ seeders only 3 are connected. How do I increase the connected seeders?? A solution to that will make this case close. Help please.

[img=http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4828/delugevm8.th.jpg]

A slight speed increase there. Restarted Deluge.
dboyishot
New User
New User

Post by dboyishot »

piratebay is a leeching site. Of Course u gonna get slow speeds
try
http://www.bitsoup.org
i get constant 250 Kib/s there my max d/l for my IP
uploads stick at 11kiB/s
slipknot6669
New User
New User

Post by slipknot6669 »

what ip address do i type in for the port forwarding? Do I use mine, my routers or something else?