0.5.7.1-2 Windows only bug-fix release

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: 0.5.7.1-2 Windows only bug-fix release

Post by markybob »

Silviu wrote:Same errors as above posters with those strange windows, and i also noticed that "*Close dbus-daemon-deluge.exe in Vista" is not working, i use Vista Ultimate 32 bit and after i close deluge that process is still open :)
could you close deluge, make sure dbus-daemon-deluge.exe is still running, and then run this inside a command prompt and tell us if there's an error or if it closes the dbus?
taskkill.exe /IM dbus-daemon-deluge.exe
thanks
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

niknik wrote:Lots of bugs still.
(and the bugs I'm having weren't there in the previous releases - this is the first time something weird is showing up in my PC)

When minimizing by clicking on the tray bar, the program minimizes and then automatically maximizes. Clicking on the minimize button works fine.

The Worst for me is that it starts showing up blank context menus over the screen (on "top", blocking whatever's under it).
This never happened before...
I still haven't found what causes it. But one time, I was changing preferences, then minimized - and when maximized it popped up 4 or 5 dialog windows I had already closed.

Something's very wrong in those dialog and context menu management. :(

Update: Just started the program, added a couple of torrents (drag 2 .torrents to deluge window), and then minimized it by clicking the minimize button.
The main window minimizes, but I also get a "fake" minimized title bar on the bottom of the screen, with a blank context menu in there as well.

Update 2: By maximizing/minimizing more times, I start getting even more "fake" windows... meaning, I need to close the program and restart it every 5 or 6 minimize cycles, or I'll end up without any free desktop space. :shock:

Update 3: Definitely has something to do with the context menus, when I press right mouse button to send a torrent "to top/bottom", those "phantom" blank windows move around to the location of the last context popup menu.
0.5.7.1-3 fixes a lot of these problems and others. please try that
Silviu
New User
New User

Post by Silviu »

C:\Users\Silviu>taskkill.exe /IM dbus-daemon-deluge.exe
ERROR: The process "dbus-daemon-deluge.exe" with PID 4380 could not be terminate
d.
Reason: This process can only be terminated forcefully (with /F option).

with version 0.5.7.1 3 and 2 too :)
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

Silviu wrote:C:\Users\Silviu>taskkill.exe /IM dbus-daemon-deluge.exe
ERROR: The process "dbus-daemon-deluge.exe" with PID 4380 could not be terminate
d.
Reason: This process can only be terminated forcefully (with /F option).

with version 0.5.7.1 3 and 2 too :)
did you try taskkill /F /IM dbus-daemon-deluge.exe ?
Silviu
New User
New User

Post by Silviu »

C:\Users\Silviu>taskkill.exe /F /IM dbus-daemon-deluge.exe
d.
Reason: Access is denied.
del

Post by del »

my deluge won't open