Deluge VC++ Runtime error

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
jehutyz

Deluge VC++ Runtime error

Post by jehutyz »

Having this error for the latest version, v 0.5.7.1
Weird case is i have this error in my other PC before i update to this version.
While in my another computer, i forget which version already, it running smooth.
The different is the OS.

Currently Windows XP SP2, 2003 Server got this problem while the one that running fine is Windows XP Media Edition.
redguard
New User
New User

Re: Deluge VC++ Runtime error

Post by redguard »

May I add?
Attachments
Crashing doooowwwwnnnnn
Crashing doooowwwwnnnnn
del_error.PNG (21.55 KiB) Viewed 6049 times
umarzuki

Post by umarzuki »

Got the same error too. When I thought 0.5.7.1 solved it all, it's not. Lets hope..
abubin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by abubin »

i got this too...
deluge2.gif
deluge2.gif (7.03 KiB) Viewed 5918 times
abubin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by abubin »

I may have found the problem to this.

This problem only started when I install .net framework 2.0. But I can't test it right now as I am not at that PC right now. Will try it once I get back to that PC tomorrow.

Meanwhile, someone please confirm if you have .net framework 2.0 and deluge works or not. I am getting this error every 1-2 hour of using deluge.

edit: removing .net framework 2.0 doesn't work. Still getting the vc++ error and deluge crashing every few hours. This is really unusable. Any other idea guys? I will try to install 0.5.7 and see if same problem exist. Crashing once per day is better than every couple hours.
abubin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by abubin »

i don't know what I did but I don't get this error anymore.

I did a lot of installation and remove of 0.5.7 and 0.5.7.1-2 and also did a lot of clean removals of config files.

One thing I notice is that the error only happened when I was downloading unreal tournament 3. Now, I am downloading another torrent and no such error anymore. But strange thing is that I have some few small windows popping up by deluge which I can't see what it the content. The box is sort of empty. Hard to describe. Will capture screenshot when it happen again.

edit : refer here for my strange empty grey box problem : http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... f=12&t=881