crash on 0.5.6.96

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
mynogan

Re: crash on 0.5.6.96

Post by mynogan »

I wonder if it is a good idea to copy a different version of mscvrt.dll into the deluge directory? I have a copy in one of my other program folders which is an earlier version --- 6.1.9844.0. Would deluge use this version rather than the one in windows\system32 [7.0.2600.2180]?
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

mynogan wrote:I wonder if it is a good idea to copy a different version of mscvrt.dll into the deluge directory? I have a copy in one of my other program folders which is an earlier version --- 6.1.9844.0. Would deluge use this version rather than the one in windows\system32 [7.0.2600.2180]?
please, try it. let us know the outcome.
mynogan

Post by mynogan »

I did the experiment. Copied the file into the deluge directory. Didn't seem to work. Deluge still uses the one in the \windows32 directory, and of course the error message appears after a couple of hours. Funny thing is that as long as I ignore the error message and do not click on any of the options: to send or not to send the error report, deluge continues to run with d/l and u/l.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

mynogan wrote:I did the experiment. Copied the file into the deluge directory. Didn't seem to work. Deluge still uses the one in the \windows32 directory, and of course the error message appears after a couple of hours. Funny thing is that as long as I ignore the error message and do not click on any of the options: to send or not to send the error report, deluge continues to run with d/l and u/l.
well, that's a good tip. just move the warning out of the way :p sure would be nice to fix, though.