Request for 5.5.9 Alpha Download

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
ridh
New User
New User

Request for 5.5.9 Alpha Download

Post by ridh »

Hi, I'm new here. I've been using deluge for windows when reading slurdge comment by chance since September. Last week, I've a disaster, my harddisk broke and needed a new one. Of course, everything else gone too. I've downloaded the latest version of deluge 4win and start using it, but it's not as fast as last version that I used. It's an alpha version, last download size around 15mb (including GTK i think). It's the fastest download for me in Malaysia, compared to other version. Deluge 0.5.5.9.2 or 0.5.5.9.5 is the one that I think i used before. Yes still have bugs, but considering the speed, I keep using it when downloading big files. Just imagine with the isp shaping/caps, i still can still reach 40kbps! 'After Deluge'. For me, it's high already compared to 5kbps 'Before Deluge'. Currently, with 5.6.2, the highest is 20-25kbps. I don't know if it's just me.

So, I am requesting anyone helps. If any of you still have the old copy, those with size 15mb, not 8.1mb (can't remember the exact version), could you pls upload to the internet so that I can download it. I suggest using mediafire.com because it support flashget. But of course, yours truly can use any services.

ANy help from you guys are appreciated.
Last edited by ridh on Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Request for 5.5.9 Alpha Download

Post by johnnyg »

deluge 0.5.5.95 is available from http://download.deluge-torrent.org/inde ... r=windows/ however it's 8.1mb not 15mb like you mentioned.
still worth a shot though.
ridh
New User
New User

Post by ridh »

Thanks. I DL already. Unfortunately not the one. Still hoping for generous person that can help uploading it back. :D
MoJo

Post by MoJo »

I don't get what you are saying? Are you saying that one version beats the encryption whereas the others don't? If that is the case, I really doubt that assertion as all versions have had Protocol Encryption (PE) ... and so one does not stand out more then another in terms of defeating Traffic Shaping. Make sure the settings are configured for your ISP, a good way of seeing how to properly configure PE for your ISP is to check the following:

Azureus Bad ISP List

Referencing from that site go and configure your PE settings in Deluge. I'll do an example, if you are using TMNet of Malaysia try these settings ... which are the Highest encryption levels.

Inbound: "Forced"
Outbound: "Forced"
Prefer Encrypt Entire Stream: "checked" or "unchecked" (We already have level set to "Full Stream")
Level: "Full Stream"

Also make sure your connections are reasonable ... if you have one connection downloading it tends to go faster then if you had 5 files competing for the same Lions Share of bandwidth. Try to also control the amount of connections you make concurrently, the reason the old Deluge one goes faster is that the newer versions have a connection throttle that helps in keeping cheap routers running ... but good routers can handle it if you raise the bar a bit. Try raising that amount in intervals and see where it starts to choke your router, the interval below the choking limit should be your choice.

Try these connection throttles: 50, 100, 200, 400 over 400 is trivial in my opinion and 400 should crash most commercial Routers ... if yours is still standing then keep it there or drop it to around 100-200 for best stable connections. NOTE: over 50 really depends on your Router, know your Router and test its threshold carefully as if this setting is misconfigured it can affect your entire network getting clogged just because 1 torrent is running.
Try these settings also in the Bandwidth Tab of your Deluge's settings page:

Global Bandwidth Usage Settings
Max Connections: [Replace with 250+MaxHalfOpenConnections. If at Default 8, then value is 250]
Max Download Speed: -1.0
Max Upload Speed: [Replace with a value that is 0.85*MaxUploadSpeed. 85% of your Maximum Upload Speed]
Max Upload Slots: [Replace with a value that allows for 4KB/s per upload. So replace with MaxUploadSpeed/4]
Max Half-Open Connections: [Replace with the amount your testing your Router with (50, 100, 200, 400)]

Per-Torrent Bandwidth Usage Settings
Max Connections: [Replace with 0.6*MaxConnections]
Max Upload Slots: [Replace with 0.5*MaxUploadSlots]

*Note: Make sure to round the nearest whole value for the above mentioned settings.

Also in the Downloads Tab set the Simultaneous Downloads settings to 3 ... allowing 3 Downloads to be downloading at a time.

With all those settings ... I think it should improve your Deluge experience. Play around with the settings, a bit of tinkering here and there can make Deluge even more powerful. Lastly remember to enable the Network Health Plugin, make sure it always is saying "Health OK" in the status bar ... if not, then it means your are Firewalled or behind a NAT ... and your network isn't getting a clear access to the net.
ridh
New User
New User

Post by ridh »

Thanks Mojo for the tips. I'm not expert in torrent configuration, but I'll do what you say with the latest version and hope for the best. Thanks again.
ridh
New User
New User

Post by ridh »

Mojo, good news! Just to let you know, with current version, I managed to get above 70kbps download by using your tips. THANKS. I'm very grateful for your tips last post.
SO I think this post should be considered solved.

*ADD : the DL speed now slows lower than 40kbps. Dunno why, ISP capping i guess.
Last edited by ridh on Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ridh
New User
New User

Post by ridh »

In case anyone still interested at the alpha version, I found this link:
Deluge 0.5.5.9 alpha 12-8.1Mb
Deluge 0.5.5.9 alpha 11-13mb