Deluge keeps redownloading old files

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
GarlicBread
New User
New User

Deluge keeps redownloading old files

Post by GarlicBread »

Old files that have finished downloading which i transferred to another location. Deluge keeps downloading them over and over again. I removed all downloads and yet it keeps redownloading them. I guess if Deluge doesn't find them in their location it thinks they're missing and so keeps repeatedly downloading them. Any way to resolve this?
mhertz

Re: Deluge keeps redownloading old files

Post by mhertz »

You need to change the location in deluge, not manually(right click and change download folder, or move_storage or whatever called there). Or delete the torrent from deluge.
GarlicBread
New User
New User

Post by GarlicBread »

The thing is, I move different files to different locations. For example, 10 different downloads, 4 of them are sports, 2 are art, 4 are history. So I move them to their own locations after they are complete. But this never happened before, it only started a few months ago.

As for deleting, they keep coming back for some reason. I deleted everything with data but they return. I'm sure I'm missing something here, maybe I should delete some kind of source file or torrent file but I didn't find them.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I was wrong sorry, as will initially just show error, and then if rightclicking and recheck(+ resume or restart) then will redownload, so doesn't sound like your issue afterall. Especially neither since you stated to have deleted torrent + data in deluge! Sorry I didn't get that initially.

Anyway, all I can say is that it sounds like you have autoadd plugin enabled(or some other "auto-add" service enabled), and it auto-reloads from configured location - deleting torrent with data in deluge doesn't delete that original .torrent meta file(only the copy, optionally), though autoadd plugin can be configured to do so I believe, after the fact.

I would check that out.