Deluge Client Loses All Torrents v1 v2 2.1.1 update Fix

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
kristoffe
New User
New User

Deluge Client Loses All Torrents v1 v2 2.1.1 update Fix

Post by kristoffe »

So I updated from [ v1.3x ] to [ v 2.1.1 | deluge-2.1.1-win64-setup.exe ] and it restarted, losing 140 torrents and shares of work I have made to give to others, I was not happy. Was it a formatting issue? A win10 bug, something else maybe the ports weren't open to share? So, I did a little digging and found a corruption note about 1.x to 2.,x in linux.

I thought, is there a place in win10 that holds the current torrent states, locations, and checksums? There has to be. But, where?

Here:
C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\deluge\archive

In that archive there is a compressed files named something like this
state-2023-02-03T21-29-06.tar.xz

double click that and copy (and overwrite) all those files into your deluge state folder which also holds the torrents by default
C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\deluge\state

torrents.fastresume
torrents.fastresume.bak
torrents.state
torrents.state.bak

Open Deluge again, Voila.
ambipro

Re: Deluge Client Loses All Torrents v1 v2 2.1.1 update Fix

Post by ambipro »

Any updates, especially significant updates, should be preceded with a complete data/profile (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\deluge on Windows) backup. The best practice is to do this while deluge is NOT running and the file handles would all be closed.

I wrote a rather crude batch script for backing up deluge's data/profile folder to the desktop, so if you want a way to do this easily, this will delete the current backup (in the location it copies to, rename the folder before running to save incremental backups) and run again. It will backup the entire deluge folder from "Roaming" of the current user.

Code: Select all

@echo off
title Backing up Deluge Config/Profile...
del /F /Q /S %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\deluge-bak\*
xcopy /E %APPDATA%\deluge %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\deluge-bak
cls
color 20
title Completed Backup...
echo Completed updating Deluge Config/Profile Data to backup folder...
pause
Backups are made to a folder named "deluge-bak" on current user's desktop, simply edit the paths for your own needs.