How many files on my Deluge

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
mainlyclassical
New User
New User

How many files on my Deluge

Post by mainlyclassical »

Hi, Love your program and find it easy to use.
I have 1233 torrents on my page. Is this too many and does this slow Deluge down??
Thanks and keep up the good work
Wayne, mainlyclassical
ambipro

Re: How many files on my Deluge

Post by ambipro »

I think the answer will be the universal answer you'd expect from any program. The more you utilize a program, or the heavier usage, the "slower" it will perform overall - this ultimately will be more noticeable on older hardware (CPU/RAM mostly) than anything else. As long as you're not thrashing your hard drives/ssd's while downloading and expecting it to still go faster if your internet can download faster than the drives, i wouldnt expect too much issue.

Typically, I have around 800-1000 seeding torrents at minimum, and never see much more than 8-10% cpu usage max when peaking "Active" torrent count (not downloading, only uploading) This is on a server that's over 10 years old. (i7-2600k) - I would expect much less from anything newer. Downloading at ~60MB/s I see around ~15-20% usage... Starting deluge up does take ~10 seconds or so to load everything, but that's expected with that many torrents. Nothing seems laggy in the GUI after that. I wouldn't think an extra 200 torrents seeding would change that.

Unless you're seeding public torrents or particularly active torrents that consistently upload at high rates and tax your system, I don't see why you should expect much performance decrease overall. Deluge is particularly efficient compared to most other torrent clients.

If you're experiencing any issues, feel free to tell us about them and we can try and help you, but from the limited information (no system specs, no details on active seeds or anything) I can only assume and say with anything reasonably recent - say last 5-7 years - you should be fine.