Naster skin setup @Deluge 2.1.1

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
mhertz

Re: Naster skin setup @Deluge 2.1.1

Post by mhertz »

Thank you my friend for saying that, very kind of you and I really appreciate it :)

About the titlebars, then two possibilities.

It's default windows titlebar used whenever app doesn't itself change that bar, and I read you can change that(I cannot test it as my windows VM unactivated, so such settings blocked), by using a dark accent color and then choosing to show the accent color on title bars, in windows settings under 'Settings > Personalization > Colors' > Under 'Show accent color on the following surfaces', put a check on Title bars and window borders.

Then last possibility is that the built-in adwaita-dark theme actually itself defines the titlebar to be black, but however the max ,min and close buttons doesn't look 100% "windows-like" in this mode, but pretty close regardless. Also there has been reported one or two bugs with having the app mess with the titlebar, so it was decided to disable it and use windows default titlebars. You can circumvent this, and get the black titlebars back on adwaita dark theme, but mind you this then works for all gtk apps, and also as said there's one or two bugs you could experience, I believe one is you need click maximize twice whenever going from minimized to maximized from the tray-icon or something, if using such. but anyway, easiest way to get this changed is to open cmd-prompt with 'win+r > cmd' and run 'setx GTK_CSD 1'. If changing mind then can revert back to default again through opening said cmd-prompt and running 'reg delete hkcu\environment /f /v GTK_CSD' and reboot for changes to take effect.

Let me know if need clarification on any of this.
neero100
New User
New User

Post by neero100 »

I tried the windows method and it works, however whenever I click on anything outside of the Deluge window, the title bar again turns white, it remains black only when Deluge is the focus window, but I guess that is by design.
Gonna leave it as such for now.

Thanks for your time and efforts, also have sent you a PM in case you don't mind a small conversation.
Best Regards
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

neero100 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:10 pm I tried the windows method and it works, however whenever I click on anything outside of the Deluge window, the title bar again turns white, it remains black only when Deluge is the focus window, but I guess that is by design.
Gonna leave it as such for now.

Thanks for your time and efforts, also have sent you a PM in case you don't mind a small conversation.
Best Regards
I think you're right and what you're describing is just a result of Windows not having the window in focus/active, there might be a way to alter this behavior if it's something the skin does when focus is lost compared to something Windows is doing native in the explorer shell, however you'll have to wait for mhertz for that one.

Just thought I'd chime in.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks ambipro :)

@neero100, if you want, then can use the theme's titlebar(disabled in deluge by default), which is little less dark when unfouced, but still dark, by opening a cmd-prompt and running 'setx GTK_CSD 1'. To disable can just run 'setx GTK_CSD 0' and reboot windows to take effect. As said not perfect window-controls at top-right and can experience a few select bugs, so your millage may vary.

Edit: I did a quick googling, and should also be able to do it without above solution if wanted: https://winaero.com/change-color-of-ina ... indows-10/
neero100
New User
New User

Post by neero100 »

mhertz wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:55 pm Thanks ambipro :)

@neero100, if you want, then can use the theme's titlebar(disabled in deluge by default), which is little less dark when unfouced, but still dark, by opening a cmd-prompt and running 'setx GTK_CSD 1'. To disable can just run 'setx GTK_CSD 0' and reboot windows to take effect. As said not perfect window-controls at top-right and can experience a few select bugs, so your millage may vary.

Edit: I did a quick googling, and should also be able to do it without above solution if wanted: https://winaero.com/change-color-of-ina ... indows-10/
Excellent!!!

Not just Deluge, but other apps using the Dark theme also look so much better, now that I have control over the active and inactive windows title bar colors, things look classy.

Many thanks my friend for your time and efforts, you are just brilliant, finding solutions to all these problems one after the other.
Keep up the good work, hope I come across more people who are this helpful.
Best Regards
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Appreciate you neero100, you're a good guy, thanks for the incredibly kind words my friend :)
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

neero100 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:04 pm Many thanks my friend for your time and efforts, you are just brilliant, finding solutions to all these problems one after the other.
Keep up the good work, hope I come across more people who are this helpful.
Best Regards
mhertz is amazing.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Much love brother :)
MajorJazza
New User
New User

Post by MajorJazza »

mhertz wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:06 pm Thank you my friend for saying that, very kind of you and I really appreciate it :)

About the titlebars, then two possibilities.

It's default windows titlebar used whenever app doesn't itself change that bar, and I read you can change that(I cannot test it as my windows VM unactivated, so such settings blocked), by using a dark accent color and then choosing to show the accent color on title bars, in windows settings under 'Settings > Personalization > Colors' > Under 'Show accent color on the following surfaces', put a check on Title bars and window borders.

Then last possibility is that the built-in adwaita-dark theme actually itself defines the titlebar to be black, but however the max ,min and close buttons doesn't look 100% "windows-like" in this mode, but pretty close regardless. Also there has been reported one or two bugs with having the app mess with the titlebar, so it was decided to disable it and use windows default titlebars. You can circumvent this, and get the black titlebars back on adwaita dark theme, but mind you this then works for all gtk apps, and also as said there's one or two bugs you could experience, I believe one is you need click maximize twice whenever going from minimized to maximized from the tray-icon or something, if using such. but anyway, easiest way to get this changed is to open cmd-prompt with 'win+r > cmd' and run 'setx GTK_CSD 1'. If changing mind then can revert back to default again through opening said cmd-prompt and running 'reg delete hkcu\environment /f /v GTK_CSD' and reboot for changes to take effect.

Let me know if need clarification on any of this.
Just signed up to say method 2 here is legit and mhertz is a legend
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

That's so kind of you my friend, and I'm honestly touched by that, thanks for making my day with such a grand comment :) Not true, but the thought made me happy still, thanks buddy, appreciated!