Naster skin setup @Deluge 2.1.1

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
ordoestdraco
New User
New User

Re: Naster skin setup @Deluge 2.1.1

Post by ordoestdraco »

mhertz wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:59 am That's so kind of you my friend, and I'm honestly touched by that, thanks for making my day with such a grand comment :) Not true, but the thought made me happy still, thanks buddy, appreciated!
Bro, u are a PRO Legend, the way you answered all questions and how much you know about the O.S. and the App, everything you said here helped me, ppl like you help me in my hobbies (me helping other ppl less inclined with technical IT stuff, i usually learn and adapt on the spot to help the person in need, and ppl like you always make things easier for me)

Take this big W

btw just registered the account to say this just like the person above your last post :) this is how much you have impressed me ( i am usually a lurker and don't communicate/post at all if i can help it but you made me come up from my "safe zone" to say THANK YOU )
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Much love brother, that was such an incredibly kind gesture to post that to me, and even registering for it, that I cannot even begin to express how much that means to me, and how honestly blindsided your post made me. It really takes a special kinda person to go out of there way to make other people happy and feel good about themselves, sometimes not always that easy, so please understand how gratefull and touched I am of your posting, truly made my day my friend, thank you so much!
Throne
New User
New User

Post by Throne »

This one looks pretty cool as well.
Attachments
deluge.jpg
deluge.jpg (74.34 KiB) Viewed 6173 times
SupNL
New User
New User

Post by SupNL »

I'll be sharing this issue and solution with anyone who might encounter it. I use Windows 11 and I've been trying to set up the basic dark mode for Deluge, but nothing was working. After running Deluge in debug mode (deluge-debug.exe) I saw the following warning:

Code: Select all

(deluge:9584): Gtk-WARNING **: 13:21:14.116: Failed to parse C:\Program Files\Deluge\share\gtk-3.0\settings.ini: Key file contains line ???[?S?e?t?t?i?n?g?s?]?\u000d?? which is not a key-value pair, group, or comment
Turns out that I have followed every step in this thread correctly, and the problem basically was that my .ini file was in UTF-16 LE BOM encoding and it could not be read properly (probably related to the way I created the file). After replacing the old settings.ini (at C:\Program Files\Deluge\share\gtk-3.0\settings.ini) with a new one encoded in UTF-8 without BOM (utf8) and restarting the program, it succesfully changed to the dark theme.

Very specific for my case, the debug executable was extremely useful and could help for any future problem I might encounter.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Hi SupNL, welcome, and thanks for posting that nice tip here and good catch also :) Classy first post too BTW, thanks buddy.
SupNL
New User
New User

Post by SupNL »

mhertz wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:24 pm Hi SupNL, welcome, and thanks for posting that nice tip here and good catch also :) Classy first post too BTW, thanks buddy.
Thank you! The answers you provided to configure the theme for this version of Deluge were very helpful.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks buddy, kind of you to say! :)
rav
New User
New User

Post by rav »

mhertz wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:18 pm Sorry not by me atleast, as said i'm honestly avoiding messing with these themes. For people wanting a black theme, id just recommend the builtin adwaita-dark, as used in many apps and so has some testing and development behind in general to look right, though not sure how looks in deluge generally, but regardless. Sorry couldn't help you as said.
Hi !

I just realized that I was on an old version of Deluge. I've just installed the latest version 2.1.1 on windows 11, and I'd like to know what's the easiest way to get a dark theme, an integrated version if possible?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Please follow the paragraph further down starting with "Btw" from here: viewtopic.php?p=235341#p235341

(Need make the gtk-3.0 folder yourself if remember right, and forget later GTK_CSD related info)
rav
New User
New User

Post by rav »

mhertz wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:45 pm Please follow the paragraph further down starting with "Btw" from here: viewtopic.php?p=235341#p235341

(Need make the gtk-3.0 folder yourself if remember right, and forget later GTK_CSD related info)
Thank you 👌