Windows CLI 2.1.1

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
jlw_4049
New User
New User

Windows CLI 2.1.1

Post by jlw_4049 »

I've been trying to basically inject a torrent via command line interface.

Nothing seems to work at all when it comes the command line interface as far as I can tell. I get a lot of "nonetype" errors.

What I just want to inject torrent path + name.torrent into the client so it can start seeding automatically. Is this possible?

Running the command

Code: Select all

deluge-console

results in a wall of python errors.
https://pastebin.pl/view/07909236

Additionally, I just want a basic way to inject a torrent+path to torrent locally. Or even a basic way to send it to the webui via requests module in python or something
mhertz

Re: Windows CLI 2.1.1

Post by mhertz »

You're right, thanks for posting! I did test that deluge-console worked on windows about 6 months ago but as you said doesn't anymore, which i'm guessing is because the pyinstaller spec file was rewritten/simplified later and apparently I didn't test deluge-console on windows after that.

I'll experiment little when have time and make either bug-ticket or PR(already have a spec file fix, but would like try make more elegant), but anyway, if wanted you can workaround this yourself manually meanwhile, through copying deluge's source folder 'deluge\ui\console' into deluge's install-folder under 'deluge\ui', so becomes 'deluge\ui\console'. I zipped it up for you also here if interested: console.zip

Note, deluge-console on windows only works non-interactively(CLI and not curses TUI), meaning you add commands after deluge-console, and not run deluge-console on it's own. Cas stated once that it actually was meant to work after some fixes I believe, but still didn't in my tests at least, with freezing and not being able to connect(unfreezed also), though this is same as it always have been on windows i.e. deluge-console only ever working non-interactively also on previous v1.3.x etc.

Sorry I didn't understand what you meant with your additional request - isn't it same as first question?,
jlw_4049
New User
New User

Post by jlw_4049 »

I appreciate the response. I really don't have the extra time this weekend to look into the code and see how it works, I got a few projects I'm working on right now.. However, I appreciate the response!!

Ignore the 2nd question :)

I'll keep an eye on this post!
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You're welccome mate.

I submitted bug-ticket with a couple solutions here: https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/3546#ticket

Anyway, if extracting my posted zip into '%programfiles%\Deluge\deluge\ui' then can just add path/url to torrent/magnet, with changed download-folder, like this:

deluge-console "add <path/url> -p <path>"
If connecting to other than local deluged, then e.g.:

deluge-console "connect <host[:port]> <username> <password>; add <path/url> -p <path>"
Path's can be relative and for seperator use '\\' or '/' but not '\'.