Strangeness On 2.1.1 lt 1.2.15, new migration from 1.3

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
ambipro

Re: Strangeness On 2.1.1 lt 1.2.15, new migration from 1.3

Post by ambipro »

nimer wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:30 am Do you mean like it renders the gui normally and then you click on a torrent and try to change the download location for example and in those 20 seconds the entire gui almost appears to have a memory overflow which causes the entire list of torrents to refresh, causing that selected item/items to be unselected?
I don't think this is the issue based on my understanding of your description, when the minimum memory profile was selected, the actual list of torrents would appear to be repopulated when you manipulated it in anyway, possibly a overflow issue (I had around 1000 torrents loaded at the time) - it could have been more than allocated in the profile I suppose, but I admit I never gave it THAT much time to resolve.

Torrenting seemed to operated normally, it was just the GUI that appeared to go absolutely crazy and this wasn't just when I was adding or moving torrents, this was simply changing from "All" to "Downloading" or "Seeding", instead of filtering the appropriate torrents, it would filter them for a second or two, then repopulate the entire list....then filter them, then repopulate and rinse and repeat in what seemed to be an infinite loop. As I said I didn't give it more than a minute or two of this before exiting and reverting settings, though.

Not sure how it would behave with less torrents, or given time...but it seems strange nonetheless.
nimer

Re: Strangeness On 2.1.1 lt 1.2.15, new migration from 1.3

Post by nimer »

ambipro wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:00 pm
nimer wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:30 am Do you mean like it renders the gui normally and then you click on a torrent and try to change the download location for example and in those 20 seconds the entire gui almost appears to have a memory overflow which causes the entire list of torrents to refresh, causing that selected item/items to be unselected?
I don't think this is the issue based on my understanding of your description, when the minimum memory profile was selected, the actual list of torrents would appear to be repopulated when you manipulated it in anyway, possibly a overflow issue (I had around 1000 torrents loaded at the time) - it could have been more than allocated in the profile I suppose, but I admit I never gave it THAT much time to resolve.

Torrenting seemed to operated normally, it was just the GUI that appeared to go absolutely crazy and this wasn't just when I was adding or moving torrents, this was simply changing from "All" to "Downloading" or "Seeding", instead of filtering the appropriate torrents, it would filter them for a second or two, then repopulate the entire list....then filter them, then repopulate and rinse and repeat in what seemed to be an infinite loop. As I said I didn't give it more than a minute or two of this before exiting and reverting settings, though.

Not sure how it would behave with less torrents, or given time...but it seems strange nonetheless.
what your describing is identical to my situation... however as i have all my torrent categories setup auto-add across the network, as long as the destination doesn't need modifying i'm able to just let this gui issue resolve itself.... often taking hours, however interestingly not interfering with the actual operation.

5% of the time for whatever reason my auto-add has been disabled, this doesnt happen across the board, rather just 1 of 10 setup... always of course the 1 i am trying to utilize... (fortunetly its super easy and quick just to refresh the source folder for the auto-add and if the .torrent has been deleted automagically, then thats sufficient to understand deluge has grabbed and inserted the torrent.

once it is resolved.... whatever that means... however once it no longer does the refreshing issue... i've not ever seen the problem re-appear until next reboot/restart. which isnt the end of the world considering i only reboot this box for updates OR a urgency around a .torrent job