What to back up before upgrading

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
setiawan
New User
New User

What to back up before upgrading

Post by setiawan »

Currently on 1.3.15, Windows 10. Interested in upgrading to latest.

Firstly, are there any known issues or precautions to take when upgrading from my version to latest? My main concern is keeping the state of my torrents after the upgrade, and my existing settings. I understand plugins may or may not work, depending on the plugin itself.

Secondly, assuming something does go wrong and I need to revert - what files should I be backing up first to ensure I can restore my torrents to their current state?

Thanks
Zorro
New User
New User

Re: What to back up before upgrading

Post by Zorro »

+1 To this question... I'm also interested into an upgrade tutorial on Windows to not lose torrents, etc...
companionapple
New User
New User

Post by companionapple »

I think if you have a full backup, it will still be fine when you update again splatoon 3
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

You'll definitely want to backup the entire deluge folder in your %USERDATA%\Roaming folder before doing any updating...but to import it I think you can just copy the "state" folder, it containts .torrent files and a state file with the data needed for deluge to resume.

I'm not sure it's formatting is identical, but backup the entire folder before trying anything just to be safe, if nothing else you can revert to 1.3.15 if it fails.