IIS reverse proxy works but..

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
FudgeyBear
New User
New User

IIS reverse proxy works but..

Post by FudgeyBear »

Hey

So, deluge is working great when I am on my local network so I thought I would try my hand at making it possible for me to access deluge web-ui over the internet if that is at all possible. So I have setup two servers, one for deluge and one for IIS. My IIS reverse proxy is working, I enter the url and hit the deluge web-ui in my browser, I login with the same credentials that I use on my local network. All preferences that I have set are the same when I check.

I just have two issues, the first is that the bottom of the page constantly says loading as per screen shot

My second is that when I try upload a torrent file to start a download it fails and says it cant connect.

My settings are exactly the same as what are on the wiki for setting up reverse proxy: https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Use ... verseProxy

However if I go to my domain with the port for deluge on the end it all loads correctly. Has anyone got any experience with this? I have seen people having issues with getting reverse proxy to load the page however nothing in line with what I am experiencing, unless I just haven't gone back far enough.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
FudgeyBear
New User
New User

Re: IIS reverse proxy works but..

Post by FudgeyBear »

Ok so I have done a little more digging and found this when it tries to source that part of the web page.
I'm not a web developer(clearly) so if anyone knows what could be causing this that'd be cool, anyway I shall continue my googling.
FudgeyBear
New User
New User

Post by FudgeyBear »

Ok so I think I'm getting closer to the issue, it seems IIS reverse proxy isn't handling compressions correctly. I've tried some resolutions that I've found online but without any success, mainly this solution: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/ ... a-p/846259

here are the error reports I've gathered from IIS

When I try uploading a torrent file:

And when I try just load the page initially:
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry, no solution, and honestly know knothing about this, but just quickly installed IIS plus the extras on a win10 VM, and setup it after a guide on IIS reverse proxy setup + the wiki guide here, and granted i'm still on localhost, but when running 'localhost/deluge' then the webUI comes up fine, connecting and adding torrents likewise, meaning that reverse proxy/rewriting should work, without any workarounds or outbound rules etc, unless i'm mistaken something. Could you try that possibly and see if seeing same as me, or if having same issue. I do apologize in advance if completely misunderstanding this - I mean if somehow http rewriting is different over internet vs lan, though i'd just guess the protocol is exact same, but what do I know :) Didn't btw need the extra server var, though neither hurt adding.

Edit: I seem to randomly be able to reproduce, so scratch that test above - will investigate more when have time, but probably first tomorrow evening. Really weird - first worked fine, then later didn't???
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Damn, now I cannot reproduce again, I tried my best, sorry about that.

I messed around yesterday, and tested both old and new deluge, ssl on/off and at one point I also removed the server-var and still worked, however i'm now thinking I forgot press the 'Apply' button stupidly possibly, or else was because I at a point tested with a pattern matching regex of "all" - strange thing is that when happened yesterday, then when trying localhost:8112 then also same happened.

If I happen to catch it again later at some point when retesting then i'll return if finding something, and otherwise sorry for the noise, good luck mate.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry for posts in row, just wanted say I could reproduce now, but not sure will help much...

I started up my win10 VM and some time after started the browser, and there the last page opened was 'localhost/deluge' so that ran now, with that 'loading' message/picture OP posted. It must've been from the cache, but the parts of UI needing cookie verification fails then I speculate, hence the "loading" and error OP posted. Then when refreshing page, then a white page with the error came up, 502.3(yesterday was 500.2 though, also yesterday was same on localhost:8112 with the "loading" error etc, strangely - so not sure how meaningfull this scenario today is as said, but just posting in case). I haden't started deluged.exe or deluge-web.exe yet, as started the browser for something else frankly, and always start the daemons manually on-demand when testing this. This was firefox btw, setup to load last opened tab at beginning, hence seeing this now from yesterday where though couldn't reproduce. When starting said daemons and refreshing page yet again, then worked.

As said, just posting for completeness.
FudgeyBear
New User
New User

Post by FudgeyBear »

Hi

Sorry for not responding recently, and thanks for looking in to this with me. My deluge-web works fine on my local machine and within my LAN if I go to http://ip:8112. My issue is completely when trying to access the deluge-web ui over the internet using my domain and IIS reverse proxy. However if I add a DNS A record in to my domain and use that with the port on the end that works (as I have setup firewall rules to pass the traffic on those ports).

I am probably compounding issues as I am using a VPN on my Deluge VM, and obviously if my external IP changes due to the VPN the A record isn't accurate on my domain hence the use of IIS reverse proxy, if that makes an sense at all.

At this point it was more of a project for myself to see if I could get this up and running but I might just stick with RDweb and accessing deluge that way. I may have another look at a future date and If I come up with a solution I will post my resolution here.

Also to note: it does appear to work to a point as when I add Torrents to my deluge web ui when I am within my LAN and then browse to the webui over the internet I can see the torrents and all relevant information about that torrent, but as per my first post I cannot upload any new torrents or see the status information unless I am within my LAN.

Cheers!