Deluge client downloads torrents fine but won't really upload

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
oliphant
New User
New User

Deluge client downloads torrents fine but won't really upload

Post by oliphant »

Behavior:
Torrents download without issue, and while downloading will upload a few kilobytes (usually 0 - 40 kb). When finished downloading, the torrent sits there "seeding" but peers can't seem to be able to connect very well. Occasionally someone will connect and I can see their IP in the peers tab, but after a few kb the connection drops. Sometimes I get the message "no incoming connections", but it goes away once Deluge has been running a while. In Preferences > Network I get a yellow triangle and exclamation point when I click the button to test the active port. Port scans from outside (canyouseeme.org) show the port as NOT accessible. Any idea how to test the port further/ figure out if it's a port issue or something else?

My setup/settings:
-Windows 10
-Nord VPN for all internet traffic
-Home network (not school, etc)
-Avast Antivirus (I checked that Deluge is allowed through firewall)
-Deluge version 1.3.15
-Network settings: Incoming Port: 53333, Outgoing Port: Use Random Ports
-All network extras checked (UPnP, NAT-PMP, Peer Exchange, LSD, DHT)
-Inbound and Outbound encryption enabled, encrypt entire stream enabled.
-Router with UPnP enabled. When I check UPnP in router settings it shows external and internal ports 53333 open for the correct device IP, both for TCP and UDP.
mhertz

Re: Deluge client downloads torrents fine but won't really upload

Post by mhertz »

You're using a VPN, so need enable portforwarding through this to enable incoming connections, and router portforwarding irrelevant. However nordvpn doesn't support this, or atleast there FAQ states as such. You can then only upload through outgoing connections and sometimes udp from retained pex/dht port and udp-holepunching, limiting swarm connectivity, though can download popular torrents fine.
oliphant
New User
New User

Re: Deluge client downloads torrents fine but won't really upload

Post by oliphant »

Thanks for your reply. That makes a lot of sense! Perhaps I'll have to shop for a different VPN.