No torrents listed on thin client?

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Protected

No torrents listed on thin client?

Post by Protected »

Hey all. Upgraded my server to Debian Bullseye yesterday and that came with Deluge 2.0.3 now, so I'm trying to upgrade my client to match. Installing the corresponding version from this forum, everything seemingly "works" and I can connect to the server in thin client mode (password correct, stuff shows up in the status bar) but no torrents are listed. However, if I connect with the web interface I can see there are a bunch of torrents currently running. No errors (or anything else) are logged if I use the debug executable, other than:

Code: Select all

Gtk-WARNING **: 18:42:30.893: for_size smaller than min-size (0 < 15) while measuring gadget (node button, owner GtkSpinButton)
What might be causing this missing torrents issue? What can I do to diagnose or solve the problem?
Protected

Re: No torrents listed on thin client?

Post by Protected »

Looks like back in the day the server account was set with permission level 5 "normal" and that now means "don't show anything" (?)

Setting it to 10 I can see the torrents briefly before everything crashes, still looking into that.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry I don't have a solution, but seen this reported a couple times through last two years, and is some deluge2 issue, and none could obtain proper debug logging or "precise-reproducal-scenario" so I could report propperly on bugtracker.

Anyway, the gtk-warning you post, despite not important, then I know fixed those warnings some months ago, so I can tell you're not using last version, so just in case i'd recommend use the one from top stickied post by fmar, a few posts up from very last, though probably not gonna help, as don't remember seeing this fixed from changelog, but just in case, and if e.g. gtk related, as features a build from there git-repo from yesterday.
Protected

Post by Protected »

I'm using the 2.0.3 client version since I figured I should match the server.

Fixed the crashes and general UI slowness by removing the deluge folder in application data and starting from scratch!
Protected

Post by Protected »

Are the exact meanings of the account permission levels documented somewhere? If accounts are now reliable in deluge 2 it would be nice to create user accounts that don't have permission to change settings or stop the daemon.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Good you could fix it. Btw, it's only major version needing matched between server/client, so latest 2.0.5 is fine for a 2.0.3 server, but up to you of-course.

Anyway, I don't know any other place than this older one, for auth_level I mean: https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Use ... entication

The code in deluge2 introduced an additional "default" level, though don't really in the know about all this honestly.