Deluge Windows Builds

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Re: Deluge Windows Builds

Post by doadin »

highvoltage wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:56 am @doadin great job, plugins works, test port works, deluge.exe works.

Could you please create a new build deluge 2.0.5 updated as on my system some trackers do not allow dev version.
Id rather hold off on doing so as it may create confusion later on with official release.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

doadin, not important, but just wanted to apologize for previously stating your build-script didn't install python here - I was testing something and noticed couldn't install python from it's actual installer, as had a broken entry in add/remove-programs for py3.7.9, dunno how got there(brokenness), but anyway blocked all installs later obviously, and silent, so didn't knew issue. Don't have to respond, know you're busy + irrelevant, just don't like stating wrong stuff without correction/apology, however minor ;)

Thanks again.
aerandir
New User
New User

Post by aerandir »

Hi All.

I wanted to start by thanking you all for this extraordinary work you're doing.

Disclaimer: I have a limited development/compiling knowledge. So please excuse me if my question is dumb or if I was doing something wrong.

I used this script in Windows Sandbox to test it before I run it on my main machine. The script ran for, understandably, a long period of time, until it threw an error. Here is what I captured from the output. The error is at the end (duh!)

https://paste.c-net.org/ConceptsVolition

I just started a new VM on Hyper-V, and it resulted in the same error.

Any ideas?
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by doadin »

aerandir wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:21 pm Hi All.

I wanted to start by thanking you all for this extraordinary work you're doing.

Disclaimer: I have a limited development/compiling knowledge. So please excuse me if my question is dumb or if I was doing something wrong.

I used this script in Windows Sandbox to test it before I run it on my main machine. The script ran for, understandably, a long period of time, until it threw an error. Here is what I captured from the output. The error is at the end (duh!)

https://paste.c-net.org/ConceptsVolition

I just started a new VM on Hyper-V, and it resulted in the same error.

Any ideas?
The script was build for/test on powershell 7. If you are using a different version it might not work. From the error im guessing you are using 5.1 that windows comes with or something like that.

Also the script checks for C:\deluge to exist and if does skips download deluge source so you cant use the dir, it looks like you did so im guessing it never downloaded deluge source which is the other set of errors, sorry gotta choose a different dir for the script.
Last edited by doadin on Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I think there's a slight typo of child-item, with lover I instead upper - sorry if wrong, as really bad at powershel :) Sorry somewhere just after gtk build, and in part where recursing for libtorrent.pyd,cannot remember line anymore(wanted to let doadin answer himself, when looked at posted log initially) , and don't have time check now.
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by doadin »

I also updated the scripts now that we have some changes in the official deluge source.
ZakMcRofl
New User
New User

Post by ZakMcRofl »

doadin wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:10 am
highvoltage wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:56 am @doadin great job, plugins works, test port works, deluge.exe works.

Could you please create a new build deluge 2.0.5 updated as on my system some trackers do not allow dev version.
Id rather hold off on doing so as it may create confusion later on with official release.
I would like to second highvoltage's request unless cas has indicated to you that he will actually release an official build of 2.05. I think he is much more likely to release a 2.06 official build.
Does anyone know if the other unofficial 2.x windows builds carry the dev tag?

PS: I wanted to use the opportunity to thank everyone involved in making a windows build!
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by doadin »

ZakMcRofl wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:22 pm
doadin wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:10 am

I would like to second highvoltage's request unless cas has indicated to you that he will actually release an official build of 2.05. I think he is much more likely to release a 2.06 official build.
Does anyone know if the other unofficial 2.x windows builds carry the dev tag?

PS: I wanted to use the opportunity to thank everyone involved in making a windows build!
I will not make a release build only dev. Having done so before was a mistake. And I am taking those down.
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by doadin »

cakeforcat
New User
New User

Post by cakeforcat »

@doadin
Installed 2.1.0.dev59 with libtorrent 2.0.5 x64 on Windows 11 and after a simple .NET update (KB5009469) windows defender starts marking deluge as a trojan? First time something like this happened with the dev builds for me (I've been checking them out since the last successful clean build here)
EDIT
After allowing the threat deluge now crashes with a trace:

Did a quick reinstall, but I feel like this may be related to libtorrent as deluge starts with a port issue, then fixes itself. Now I get a "Potentially unwanted app" warning sometimes(?) when I launch, but it disappears quickly