Restarting Deluge after Windows Update

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
pearled-duck
New User
New User

Restarting Deluge after Windows Update

Post by pearled-duck »

After an automatic Windows Update last night, I restarted Deluge. And I guess Deluge doesn't (understand how to) handle Windows shutdown properly, at least in that situation. Several HUNDRED of the previously-completed torrents are showing as ERROR.

The only way I've known of to "fix" that situation, when it was just a couple, was to "force re-check."

But in this situation, after selecting a group to "Force Recheck" maybe because some of these torrents have been completed for YEARS and their "tracking" may no longer exist on the sources they originally came from, most of them now seem to be marked as 0% and "downloading".

Have the previously-completed files of these torrents now been deleted/reset? Or are the files still there and complete, but Deluge just doesn't know it because it can't get validation information for them from a Tracker?

Is there some way to "remind" Deluge that these torrents are long-finished-downloading-and-now-seeding, other than "Force Recheck" or something else that might delete my already-completed files?
sief
New User
New User

Re: Restarting Deluge after Windows Update

Post by sief »

Unfortunately this sounds familiar, it seems to be an endemic issue on the deluge. In my case I don't trust to turn off the VM where i have deluge because when I restart (no power outages and so on...) it there are many torrents with errors and the only way to fix this is through the recheck which consumes a very long time if they are many torrents and of great weight. It's a pity that in this respect this program is so unreliable.

Sorry, i can't help. I'm in the same situation as you. :cry: