Unofficial Deluge 2 for Windows 7 + 10

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
mhertz

Re: Unofficial Deluge 2 for Windows 7 + 10

Post by mhertz »

I'm posting new builds because tested okay now to remove my gtk3 patch reverting 2 commits breaking deluge when changing input-fields in prefs, which was fixed upstream now so removed, and should have little speedup at starting now from these commits, reportedly.

Also, I added libtorrent v2.0.5 as optional selection to installer, though still v1.2.15 by default for now, just in case. Seemingly works fine in quick testings here(upload/download/move-storage and ltconfig). Still own WPO optimized builds, including openssl(+ without asm-off), and not from pypi/prebuilds/python.

Btw I would have liked making these builds freezed, as previously made that work myself from scratch, but decided though against, as didn't wanna somewhat taint the suspence, however slightly, from when official release comes sometime, and doadin didn't even do himself which did awesome and big job with this. I could atleast strip down file-size from comparing against a freezed build, but again, didn't wanna improve to much on this as per before mentioned reason.

Anyway, so only updates is newest gtk3 code with supposed speed-bump, and libtorrent v2.0.5 now also optionally included, plus of-course newest dev-build with lots of updates from deluge team.

Don't plan on more builds, unless fmar and/or petersasi returns and makes them(thanks again guys). Gonna update my build-scripts on github soon, still only main 'deluge2' one though, not the 3 others(win7 and/or x86), to lazy.

@bobsage, sorry, I don't know anything about that honestly.

deluge-2.0.5.exe

deluge-2.1.0.dev37.exe

(Win 8 and up, for above builds)
highvoltage
Leecher
Leecher

Post by highvoltage »

mhertz thanks for update and all works, thank you so much for your dedication and support my friend

@doadin @DjLegolas @cas amazing job everyone is doing :D thanks very much.

Best Regards,
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks alot for your kind words, to kind, but makes my day honestly :) Thanks likewise for all reporting and testing behind scenes. You're a good guy I can tell and appreciate you bro.

I wholeheartedly echo the sentiment of highvoltage above, thanks alot y'all.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Probably already know, but just in case, then new deluge develop branch builds from doadin, made in propper professional way(as in freezed) here: viewtopic.php?p=234470#p234470

Please monitor his thread yourself, if haven't already. Thanks as always doadin for all the work done, and sharing :)

Edit: Py3.9.x used, so not win7 compatible - just specifically noting(about this upstream unsupported OS ver) only because of this thread's titling, to avoid confusion, as seen before - my fault). Also, not gonna cross-post this to the other stickied thread, as frowned upon, and this is top stickied anyways, so should get more attention presumably.
cakeforcat
New User
New User

Post by cakeforcat »

@mhertz
since you're not planning on any new unofficial builds, is there any way to use the GTK themes packaged with them, in the official builds, or would that require me to build it myself?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

No rebuild needed, you can add themes into freezed builds, e.g. if wanting the dark version of default gtk3 adwaita theme, which is embedded into gtk3, then just need make new folder in install-dir named 'etc', with subfolder inside named 'gtk-3.0', with a file named 'settings.ini' inside with following contents:

Code: Select all

[Settings]
gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme=true
For win32 theme also embedded, do same as above, but instead use for 'install-dir\etc\settings.ini' contents:

Code: Select all

[Settings]
gtk-theme-name=win32
That was all the embedded themes, and so for others you need copy the folder containing said theme, into 'install-dir\share\themes', and change the 'install-dir\etc\settings.ini' line 'gtk-theme-name=' to match the folder name just copied into 'install-dir\share\themes', case-insensitive, so e.g. can take one of my included theme folders and copy over, and as said in previous posts, the 'win32x' theme default in my builds, is external version of embedded win32 theme, stripped out to fix/change a few things, though the win10 buttons change is irrelevant in doadin's, as has hardcoded gtk_csd=0 by default(unless already defined system-wide, I seem to remember - btw reported fix a minimize/maximize issue, so would most probably enable by default also, if I was continuing with this, so probably enable that option in installers if using mine).

For my included themes(and keep in mind I use an additional 'data' parent folder for storing all gtk3 related stuff), then only mantis-dark and win32x are external under my 'install-dir\data\share\themes', though as said also need defined in 'install-dir\etc\settings.ini' to load, but anyway, rest 2 themes need only changes to 'install-dir\etc\settings.ini', which is adwaita and adwaita-dark.

Hope helps.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Please excuse my double-posting, but just wanted to stipulate that this thread is not about me, but fmar, likewise other stickied thread by petersasi, so when I say no new build foreseen, then just means please ping fmar and/or petersasi(in his thread) if wanting see new builds, if official takes longer than anticipated, or not using doadin's.

@fmar/petersasi, I as usual went little overboard and made follow-up builds not 100% needed, and should rather have PMed you if you was planning on new build soon(for first 2.0.5 build), and else ask if OK I did once, though honestly didn't like that, as just felt out-of-place(as if I was "hurrying" up on you, which wasent, and would never do), but still in hindsight much better way handle it, and so apologize for stepping on your toes, sorry guys and much appreciate you both and thanks again for all work done from me and rest comunity here, I'm sure I can speak from!
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I'm really sorry, but found my deluge-dev installer actually didn't even start! It's an issue in deluge-dev on windows, also happening when installing from source directly, so not something I introduced, just should have tested it better before releasing. The stable build works, but the dev I was lazy and tested only deluge-debug.exe to check for errors, and not deluge.exe or deluge-gtk.exe, and these two fail. It somehow get's fixed when freezing build with pyinstaller I noticed, hence doadin's build's unaffected. I know it's not very important when doadin already have even newer dev builds up, made in propper way even, but regardless wanted to fix this as don't like posting erronyous stuff, so to uphold my word atleast somewhat, then not making new dev build, but just fixing my old one released, and will not fix through freezing, as explained before, so I updated previous posted link - btw when fixing anyway, then also wanted clean the file-layout some more i.e. no reason add 'data' folder for gtk3 when already 'Lib' folder there to utilize for this too, so now the install-dir is only one 'Lib' folder and a few files(deluge exe's, python dll's, geoip.dat and license), instead of the previous mess(though freezed still messy, though can be cleaned likewise with little modding, but not really important). Will update build scripts later also, for others to use, if wanted.

I'm not sure if have time today, but will make PR to Cas and Co when have time - it's btw the commit that removed py2 support, and from that very big commit, then around 10 lines needing add back, in common.py, as else pythonw.exe running the deluge *.pyw scripts, and so also gui version of exe-stub-loader from python, and interestingly also the alternative one I use(running through python dll, not exe), all breaks for deluge and deluge-gtk, and with breaking I mean simply do not start(unless redirecting stdout I found, which isn't even used here, so probably debug-logging would likewise fix, but anyway, fixed now propperly).

Sorry again for inconvenience.

Edit: I submitted PR, gazpachoking reproduced issue and submitted own improved version, so I closed mine and his got merged now by Cas. Thanks again gazpachoking and Cas.

Edit2: Changed my mind on reorganizing files, as no purposse for it, but still omited 'data' dir for existing 'Lib' dir, for gtk3. I also decided remove win32 theme(outdated, deprecated and removed in gtk4) and mantis-dark theme, and so now just use default gtk3 theme adwaita, in dark-mode by default, and if disabling 'Dark-mode' checkbox in installer, then uses normal adwaita, like official when comes, and doadin's, plus I enabled the 'GTK_CSD=0' checkbox by default, like official/doadin also does behind scenes, and last I made 'libtorrent 2.x' a default enabled checkbox, and disabling it will give you libtorrent 1.2.15 instead.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Little heads-up, I just noticed that ltconfig didn't apply it's settings, at around half it's startups, same with doadin's version. It worked always perfectly on my own linux setup, also using libtorrent 2.0.5. Same issue with libtorrent 1.2.15, so I suspected something messed up in deluge-profile and after deleting it('%appdata%\Deluge') and starting fresh, then no issues in 10 start/stops of my builds and 10 of doadin's - first I just deleted session.state{,.bak}, but not enough, so don't know specifically what the culprit where in that folder. No errors in log when happened neither.

So just a quick headsup about that, and you can check yourself quickly by checking one of the settings actually applied or not in ltconfig tab under preferences i.e. check a setting you defined is actually also applied under 'Actual' tab alittle to the right e.g. I ticked the 'annonymous_mode' setting, off by default, and so if ticked under 'Actual' also, then worked, and otherwise failed. Obviously need the ltconfig setting 'Apply on startup' ticked too.
HamsterHam
New User
New User

Post by HamsterHam »

Does the thin client work on any of these builds? I can't seem to get it to work, Deluge doesn't restart when selecting that option.