Unofficial Deluge 2 for Windows 7 + 10

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
rohitghali
New User
New User

Re: Unofficial Deluge 2 for Windows 7 + 10

Post by rohitghali »

Themes are not working. I'm getting the error as shown in the screenshot.
Attachments
deluge-error.jpg
deluge-error.jpg (30.29 KiB) Viewed 24042 times
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

deluge-2.0.4.exe (“win10“ build - win8 and above)

As fmar needed setup new VM etc, while not being able run gtk-builds with said VM, and as I wanted windows users having deluge 2.0.4 as soon as possible, then I as a one off, made windows VM, fixed my scripts for new components and built it. Everything newest available. Newest python needed gtk rebuild, which took me last two days getting work e.g. reverting 3 gvsbuild commits etc. I have also reverted all non-important to keep as vanilla as possible, and ditched older libtorrents, because build-issues I didn't wanna spend more time on, and too old anyway. I removed portable mode as little to hacky, and changed from pth-files to __init__.py's for setting os.add_dll_directory and PATH etc. I'll update my build-scripts on github soon, when added back all, and then will archieve it back, as not interested in this honestly. Sorry no win7 builds. Hope okay with you fmar, and sorry for stepping on your toes, or however that saying goes.
highvoltage
Leecher
Leecher

Post by highvoltage »

thanks very much mhertz for fast works.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

deluge-2.0.5.exe (“win10“ build - win8 and above)

I was being lazy with updating my deluge2 git-repo(and ditching this), so might as well build this one also - thanks Cas!

I did check my v2.0.4 build wasen't affected before releasing it previously(webUI blank page), as else would have added the reported fix, but nonetheless, and still another small webUI logging fix in v2.0.5 also(besides the docs, packaging and CI changes).

Nothings else changed here, except I btw deleted python.exe and pythonw.exe, as not used anyway with the alternative loader I add, using python.dll directly, just like proper freezed solution would have.
nero
New User
New User

Post by nero »

rohitghali wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:37 am Themes are not working. I'm getting the error as shown in the screenshot.
Disable the pieces bar, that fixed it for me.
mhertz wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:35 pm deluge-2.0.5.exe (“win10“ build - win8 and above)
Thanks a lot for the update, mhertz. Very nice to have someone able to provide the latest builds for Windows in the absence of fmar. :D
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

nero wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:26 am
rohitghali wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:37 am Themes are not working. I'm getting the error as shown in the screenshot.
Disable the pieces bar, that fixed it for me.
The pieces bar issue should have been resolved in 2.0.4 if you want to test it again
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Not important, but I updated previous link with rebuild, as shaved 20mb from install-size and finally found how fix those annoying gtk-warnings in cmd-prompt when running deluge-debug.exe which comes from gtk3's win32 theme and not me btw, so as said not important and don't need update if not wanted.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

@fmar,

I've just pushed my changes to my deluge2 repo, and sorry about not updating the 7 repo(and x86 ones), but i'm not really interessted in catering to unsupported OS not recieving security updates etc, so you/others may add this yourself if interessted(comparing to the updated repo).

I've tested much of it, but some things haden't more time for, so small issues can be, but generally should be good. For gtk3 then only one commit needed reverted in end, and then also getting adwaita-icon-theme from msys2, as librsvg also broken and I did test previous version of it still failing, and didn't bother try even older versions etc, but everything is scripted automatically in now.

Of-course now after spending a day at cleaning up and making last changes before commiting, then testing gtk3 build again, although works fine, then now shows an error from GTK in the cmd-prompt when running deluge-debug.exe, and i'm guessing it's the last commit from yesterday in gtk3, as worked in my previous build(edit: or a pkgconf update I previously reverted, which anyway needing reverted, come to think of it, despite not error'ing out in gvsbuild), but I made mistake in my last test of ditching that commit, and don't have more time now, so I left it at that, but i'm planning on revisiting it soon and seeing if can fix e.g. make a gtk patch reverting said commit and add to gvsbuild. Damn, now while writing I remember to have forgot a change to adwaita-icon-theme, where the cleanup is little to aggresive(@all, In my repo I mean, and not in my posted builds here, as they're fine), but I will fix that also when revisiting this soon.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know, and to again say that i'm sorry for butting in on you with this, and now it's all yours again as not making any more releases, and thank you for your work on this :) You can check if new commits to my repo, to see when it's fully fixed, as i'm not gonna spam here with that, and then i'll archieve the repo again.

As usual ask if you need info on any changes and thanks again bro.
nero
New User
New User

Post by nero »

Cas wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:59 pm The pieces bar issue should have been resolved in 2.0.4 if you want to test it again
Apparently not, it still happens after trying to resize the window
Tested on both 2.0.4 and 2.0.5 (fmar and mhertz builds)
Attachments
error.png
error.png (9.59 KiB) Viewed 23611 times
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks nero and rohitghali, I could also reproduce this, with piecesbar enabled and then playing with window resizing for several resizings back and fourth(I forgot test this without piecesbar also, and I haden't even a torrent loaded btw - Edit: Only with piecesbar enabled, as nero stated). This exact error has been reported on various projects, eclipse and gnome-boxes on linux etc, and so when having time/motivation then I might see if we could add one of the patches I think I read available at a quick peek yesterday, in an eclipse page somewhere, though don't know if will even apply or anything, but could try. Seemingly related to cairo and librsvg rendering. Anyway, probably a long-shot for me to fix, as probably need more experienced person than me, but if I find a solution at some time, then i'll post details here, for fmar to incorporate at a time in feature when he makes next build.

Edit: I just realized that patch I remembered reading about, most probably was for eclipse, and not gtk/cairo/librsvg, so not helpfull here, doh. Second, I apologize, I might have screwed up and is my fault - I couldn't build librsvg in newest msvc2019, python and gvsbuild, cause failed in gvsbuild, so included adwaita-icon-theme from msys2 - I thought librsvg only was needed for translating the svg's to png, during building, and so didn't think we needed librsvg after that, and was only a dep for adwaita-icon-theme and not anything else in gtk3 stack, but it's seemingly needed anyway as is a dep also for adwaita-icon-theme on archlinux, and also is in msys2 I see now - I just don't understand why also happens with fmar's build reportedly, as he never stated librsvg failing, and if did then wouldn't have adwaita-icon-theme, unless making changes like I just did. Anyway, i'm really sorry if I screwed this up, which I think I did, so I apologize for this and will update back later, though maybe not today, but soon at least.