Unofficial Deluge 2 for Windows 7 + 10

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
ZeroBarrier
New User
New User

Re: Unofficial Deluge 2 for Windows 7 + 10

Post by ZeroBarrier »

Hello there and thank you for this. It's wonderful that someone is keeping those of us out here using deluge on windows updated.

I have tried using the older PS Dark Theme I used on the older 1.3.15 version, but it doesn't seem to work. Would anyone have any insight that might help me getting it to work on this newer deluge version? I tried putting it in the new theme folder location and edited the settings.ini file to point to the theme, and while certain elements get themed, a lot of others don't; mainly the color of the window itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
st0rm
New User
New User

Post by st0rm »

ZeroBarrier wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:01 am Hello there and thank you for this. It's wonderful that someone is keeping those of us out here using deluge on windows updated.

I have tried using the older PS Dark Theme I used on the older 1.3.15 version, but it doesn't seem to work. Would anyone have any insight that might help me getting it to work on this newer deluge version? I tried putting it in the new theme folder location and edited the settings.ini file to point to the theme, and while certain elements get themed, a lot of others don't; mainly the color of the window itself.

viewtopic.php?t=55534
ZeroBarrier
New User
New User

Post by ZeroBarrier »

st0rm wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:24 am
ZeroBarrier wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:01 am Hello there and thank you for this. It's wonderful that someone is keeping those of us out here using deluge on windows updated.

viewtopic.php?t=55534
That theme is still using gtk2 and doesn't work with this version since it's using gtk3. Are you running this version and did you try that theme?
st0rm
New User
New User

Post by st0rm »

ZeroBarrier wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:30 am
st0rm wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:24 am

viewtopic.php?t=55534
That theme is still using gtk2 and doesn't work with this version since it's using gtk3. Are you running this version and did you try that theme?
Sorry man, spoke before i even downloaded this and upgraded my synology install to 2.x.
Just took that post at face value, trying to help u. But GTK3 is very different and porting GTK2 theme to GTK3 is gonna take a bit of tedious work, i'm just gonna try out the themes that come with the .exe (none come with the portable).
fmar
Leecher
Leecher

Post by fmar »

Thank you for the kind words :)

As you already know now, it is a GTK2 theme and can't be used. Personally I prefer themes from the B00merang-Project. The Windows 10 Acrylic Dark and Windows 10 Dark are pretty good.

You could also have a look at https://www.gnome-look.org/browse?cat=135&ord=rating

Edit: If you like, I could create some self-extracting archives for various themes that you just unpack into the Deluge program folder. Let me know if that's something you'll like to have.
ZeroBarrier
New User
New User

Post by ZeroBarrier »

fmar wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:46 pm Thank you for the kind words :)

As you already know now, it is a GTK2 theme and can't be used. Personally I prefer themes from the B00merang-Project. The Windows 10 Acrylic Dark and Windows 10 Dark are pretty good.

You could also have a look at https://www.gnome-look.org/browse?cat=135&ord=rating

Edit: If you like, I could create some self-extracting archives for various themes that you just unpack into the Deluge program folder. Let me know if that's something you'll like to have.
Thank you, I'll check those out.
ZeroBarrier
New User
New User

Post by ZeroBarrier »

fmar wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:46 pm Edit: If you like, I could create some self-extracting archives for various themes that you just unpack into the Deluge program folder. Let me know if that's something you'll like to have.
I would appreciate this very much. I tried using on of the themes from gnome-look and haven't been able to get it to work. I'm such a noob at this stuff unfortunately. :oops:

Edit: Welp, NVM. I got one to work and figured it out, mostly. Now I just need to figure out icons and I'll be golden. :D
fmar
Leecher
Leecher

Post by fmar »

ZeroBarrier wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:30 pm I would appreciate this very much. I tried using on of the themes from gnome-look and haven't been able to get it to work. I'm such a noob at this stuff unfortunately. :oops:

Edit: Welp, NVM. I got one to work and figured it out, mostly. Now I just need to figure out icons and I'll be golden. :D
I attached a ZIP file that includes self extracting archives. You can unzip them into the Deluge program folder. If you customized your settings.ini, do make a backup! They just overwrite the settings.ini and contain the theme files.

As for the icon themes: I never got them to work in Windows. Seems to be an issue with GTK.
You should be able to change the icon theme per "gtk-icon-theme-name=" in settings.ini

But again, that doesn't work for me. I tried replacing the Adwaita icon files with the files from a diffent theme. That kind of worked, but the Deluge UI was missing some icons. I don't really know what else to try out.
Attachments
Windows 10 Themes.7z
(327.39 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
fmar
Leecher
Leecher

Post by fmar »

I just uploaded new builds with included b00merang themes. Hope that helps anyone having trouble with the theming.
sscsr1
New User
New User

Post by sscsr1 »

I just installed the stable version 203 for win 10. Everything seems to work and look great except for adding torrents automatically. When I click on a torrent it will dl to my downloads folder and just sit there. I was using version 1.3.15 and there is a option in the preferences/Downloads that has a tic box by the third option that says "add .torrents from" and allows me to select where. This option is not in the new version or I can't find it one of the two (probably the second one). Anyway I used to click a torrent file and it would dl to my download folder then show up in deluge and the .torrent file would delete. How can I set this version to do that. And thank you for all this work and your time.