Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
fmar
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Unofficial Deluge 2 for Windows 7 + 10

Post by fmar »

mhertz wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:49 am @fmar,
About openssl, ... *snip*
Thank you for the detailed insight into the building process of OpenSSL. I'll check out your link and the build options when I'm done with the Windows 10 build this weekend.

I assumed that the libraries not working had something to do with certain linking. But it has been some years since I worked with Visual Studio. So, thanks again for explaining that.

About Python: well, I'm not sure I want to start and build another component. As of right now I'm pretty happy with those prebuilt binaries from github. Maybe if I'm really reaaaally bored and want to fiddle around with it, I might give it a try :)
Ironclad17
New User
New User

Post by Ironclad17 »

fmar wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:04 pm Thank you @Ironclad17 for reporting the issue and @mhertz for the great help, as always :)

There were some new commits to the dev build, so I thought about building a new dev version the coming week. I will have a look at the issues, the scripts and include the YaRSS2 plugin in my tests. Expect a new build in october 8-)
Yep worked just fine!
fmar
Leecher
Leecher

Post by fmar »

Ironclad17 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:44 pm Yep worked just fine!
I did upload current Windows 10 builds yesterday, if you want to switch back. I wouldn't recommend the current dev build though, some commit broke the preferences window.
anotheruselessforum
New User
New User

Post by anotheruselessforum »

Tried the unofficial win 8.1 installer; not only did it automatically detect all my ports as zero, it lost every single torrent file I was seeding. Only the torrent file, thankfully, but that included my ratio, as well. More importantly, it blew away links that'd yet failed to hook up with a tracker, meaning that I don't know what - of the files I was downloading - is lost and needs to be restarted.

Also, it appears that there is a problem in Deluge 2 Unofficial that renders at least some connections unusable. Open ports that worked - and work, currently - with 1.3.13 do not work with Deluge 2 Unofficial. All ports are registered as 'zero' at all times.

I should add that it also mirrored the results in deluge 1.3.13, which I upgraded from because I think it crashes my system (unreliably, difficult to repro). I've been able to roll back to 1.3.13, but that isn't a solution.
Last edited by anotheruselessforum on Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeps
Leecher
Leecher

Post by jeps »

I can confirm "Preference Windows" will not show/launch.
Nothing happens (visually) when you click the Preferences button or the the Edit -> Preferences button.

I even tried running the Deluge in "Administrator mode" - didn't make any difference.
therobin

Post by therobin »

What do you think about submitting these builds to chocolatey to get more attention on them from windows users?
fmar
Leecher
Leecher

Post by fmar »

anotheruselessforum wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:49 am Tried the unofficial win 8.1 installer; ...
Thank you for reporting! But I have to admit that I do have some trouble understanding your issue.
At first there is no Windows 8.1 installer, I only build installers for Windows 7 and 10. What version did you use, from what date and was it dev or stable?

If you have issues with Deluge 2 upgrading your Deluge 1 torrents, please try to use the debug version and post the error message here.
Same goes for the port issues: if you don't supply us with some error messages or logs, probably no one is able to help you.

And at last: please decide for yourself if you want to use this thread for your issues or the other one you opened. Whatever is more convenient to you :)
fmar
Leecher
Leecher

Post by fmar »

jeps wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:52 am I can confirm "Preference Windows" will not show/launch.
Yep, nothing I can do about that at the moment. It's some error in the code itself and I don't know how to fix it. Apart from that issue the dev version seemed to be working alright.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

@all, what's the error when enabling debug-logging and trying open preferences and/or check deluge-debug.exe if any error displayed in cmd-prompt when trying opening preferences. I don't see this myself on Linux with 2.0.4.dev84.

@anotheruseless forum, the issues you describe are not related to this project of fmar, but deluge2 issues itself. Also, it's clearly written in first post by fmar that you should make backups first. There's code added which retains your deluge1 torrents, as otherwise missed often(if non-latin chars somewhere I believe was culprit, or alike), which have worked for about 5 reporters trying it previously(curtesy tobbez), and never heard it failed before now, unfortunetly. This is added also to stable version, and I cannot remember if merged into the dev version from upstream or not, but regardless also added to that version if not. Your port=0 issue is reported several times, also on deluge1, but mostly for deluge1 users upgrading to deluge2, mostly on linux. Possible workaround helping some, was to I believe set to random port, apply, back to port wanted, apply, and reboot, or something, sorry cannot fully remember but something of sorts, or start with fresh profile completely(can probably retain 'state' folder, to not loose torrents, but delete atleast core.conf + session.state, and it's backups).
fmar
Leecher
Leecher

Post by fmar »

mhertz wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:41 pm @all, what's the error when enabling debug-logging and trying open preferences and/or check deluge-debug.exe if any error displayed in cmd-prompt when trying opening preferences. I don't see this myself on Linux with 2.0.4.dev84.
This is the error from the preferences window: https://pastebin.com/ycQbvnMG

Since the last commit included changed in the preferences window, I suspected this was the reason.

But if you're not getting the error on Linux I probably was wrong :shock:

And thank you for the additional comments and workaround suggestion!

Edit: Just figured it out! The GeoIP for IPv6 patch was assumed as already applied and I didn't notice it. Currently building new dev versions