Adding 1000's of completed torrents to a new PC install?

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Elfere
New User
New User

Adding 1000's of completed torrents to a new PC install?

Post by Elfere »

I got a new PC - installed the old exe to windows (i'll install the new one the hard way if that'll help fix my problem)
i attached my HDD with all my torrents

how do i make deluge have access to my vast collection? preferably all in one go. i don't want to add 1000+ files manually (not that i know how to do that either). i've never had to add torrents i already had downloaded to anything before - i never cared. i have 1000's of torrents that get accessed daily.

i scanned the faq and forums. i'm sure if i knew whatever phrase it would be easier. re-add completed torrents?

cheers in advance.
mhertz

Re: Adding 1000's of completed torrents to a new PC install?

Post by mhertz »

You need the state folder from old pc's deluge profile folder, and then if paths is same, then i'd guess would work, or else need search/replace.

I'm no expert on this, but check out shamael's good advice about tracker key changing in this thread + it's posted follow-up link later, which info should be applicable to your use case with slight modification(as to what is replaced I.e path VS key and tool used to replace: :viewtopic.php?t=54208

(if you can replicate same path as old setup, then presumably not even needed, and just copy over state folder, but as said I don't know much about this myself, but however I'm sure others much more knowledgeable than me will offer to help you instead :) )
Last edited by mhertz on Mon May 24, 2021 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bobby

Re: Adding 1000's of completed torrents to a new PC install?

Post by Bobby »

You take your %appdata% folder named "deluge" and save it somewhere else, and move youre storage drives to the new PC and make sure the disks have the same drive letters as before. Then you just install deluge like normal, and after that you add the %appdata% folder named "deluge" back. Hope it make sense :)