Deluge Disappeared & Now I Can't Download It Again

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
GizliBiraz
New User
New User

Deluge Disappeared & Now I Can't Download It Again

Post by GizliBiraz »

I don't really know how or why Deluge disappeared from my machine, but I assume it had something to do with a massive update that recently hit from Windows. I came back to the site to download the client again (racking up HnRs in the meantime, btw), and it won't download becuase it says "Failed - Virus detected." After a quick web search, I found several solutions, but none of them seem to work, and the same issue occurs with multiple browsers. Any advice/ideas on how to fix this? I really like Deluge's interface, and I really hope I don't have t learn a new one!
dafreez
New User
New User

Re: Deluge Disappeared & Now I Can't Download It Again

Post by dafreez »

Hey, I had something similar.... All of a sudden Deluge was no longer on my Windows box. I could reinstall, but it is now really slow in starting up. It takes minutes for the program to open after I select it.
dafreez
New User
New User

Post by dafreez »

Quick update, in case any body else runs into this. After reinstalled deluge, it seemed to work, but disappeared again after a short time. No idea what triggered it. The unistall deluge app still showed up in my start menu, so ran that and then reinstalled from scratch. So far, this seems to have solved the problem.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks for reporting back. Sounds strange indeed, but you can always check if it's still installed on-disk and just shortcut gone, by looking into 'C:\Program files(x86)\Deluge' as is default install location for latest official deluge for windows, on x64 systems, and if is in add/remove programs dialog from right clicking start menu and selecting that, I believe furthest up-top if remember correct.

For the OP with the virus message, then deluge uses NSIS installer framework which unfortunately triggers such false-positives often. Only thing that can be done, is if trusting its a false positive then temporarilly disable your anti-virus real-time protection feature, and possibly in your browser also click on the download and select keep or something of the sort. Obviously this should only be done if sure it's wrong, e.g one can check the installer on virustotal by copy/pasting deluges download link into there url instead of file box, e.g heres current as of now results with 86 virus engines testing latest official installer clean:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/bdda ... /detection

If selecting 'summary' and/or 'details' then you can see the exact url/filename tested, including sha-256 hash to verify integraty of test result(easier just re-test yourself from scratch, as no public sha-256 hash listed online seemingly for windows deluge installer, but regardless), as you shouldn't trust a random stranger on a forum board neither obviously :)