Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
MikeMelbAustralia
New User
New User

libtorrent 1.1.14.0 for Deluge 1.3.15

Post by MikeMelbAustralia »

1.1.14.0.png
1.1.14.0.png (16.59 KiB) Viewed 39982 times
I recently found that I was getting periodic CPU usage spikes with Deluge 1.3.15 running on Windows (which comes with libtorrent 1.0.11.0). The spikes weren't huge or long in duration, but enough for the cooling fan on my i7 NUC to become loud enough to hear.

I found that upgrading to libtorrent 1.1.13 resolved this issue. This was downloaded here:
viewtopic.php?t=55168

I have just compiled libtorrent 1.1.14 against OpenSSL 1.1.1i, with Python 2.7.18 installed.

It can be downloaded here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GFotYW ... sp=sharing

There is a readme.txt inside with instructions on how to update. The usual disclaimers apply - use at your own risk, backup the older files in case you wish to roll-back, etc.

Kind Regards,

Mike

Edit: Changed link to Google Drive.
Last edited by MikeMelbAustralia on Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mhertz

Re: libtorrent 1.1.14.0 for Deluge 1.3.15

Post by mhertz »

Nice, thank you for the contribution mate! :)
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Thanks mate, it worked fine :) I recently switched back to 1.3.15 :)
4NE
New User
New User

Post by 4NE »

Thanks, It also work on 1.3.14 my main private tracker site do not allow Deluge 1.3.15 for some weird reason, heck all other builds work fine even unofficial 2.x builds.
That aside, I wonder if you can make libtorrent 1.2.x to work on Deluge 1.3.x too?
I tied Deluge 2.x with libtorrent 1.2.11 once it work best fast and resource effective but i have a solid reason to not use that build.
MikeMelbAustralia
New User
New User

Post by MikeMelbAustralia »

Thank you for the feedback. :)
4NE wrote:That aside, I wonder if you can make libtorrent 1.2.x to work on Deluge 1.3.x too?
This was asked on the thread where I got instructions on how to compile libtorrent.
viewtopic.php?t=55168
idiocracy wrote:Would it be possible that you could do one with libtorrent 1.2.1 ?
Nekotan wrote:It's not possible.

libtorrent 1.2 needs a newer msvc compiler then deluge 1.3 uses.
deluge 2.0 will have support for libtorrent 1.2 included in the source code I think

When deluge 2.0 has an installer for windows it will be possible :)
So it sounds like it is not possible. There is also the chance of API changes in 1.2.x that may be incompatible with Deluge 1.3.x. I'm sorry I can't be much help - I'm unfamiliar with the source and the build system. The only reason I got this to compile was thanks to Nekotan's instructions and some perseverance.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

I just wanted to say that even tho deluge 1.3.15 is old, its still as good as any other client, even better imo becuse we have the plugins to do all sort of things. And with this libtorrent is on pair with rtorrent and so on many clients still use lib 1.1.14 or below.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Wholeheartedly agree mate :) libtorrent 1.1.x(even under) still is one of the most performant torrent implementations with immense configurability to boot, and plugins like ltconfig, labelplus and autoremoveplus makes a level of configurability practically unmatched. Yeah libtorrent 1.2.x(and v2) brings improvements, but nothing remotely acking to night and day diffs, and the same with deluge2 imho. Several also have reported extra crashing with deluge2, both Linux and windows btw, but could be because of a number of things, e.g plugins, deps(like e.g gtk/runtimes) etc and not neccesarilly deluge/libtorrent. Nothing wrong with deluge 1.3.x, and this mentality with if not updated recently then useless, is imho stupid, case in point, I remotely help family-members and do maintenance/backups, through ssvncviewer(when straight ssh isn't enough), which is 10 years old, but imho still the best vnc-client available for me(a few updates meanwhile from comunity for updated libs and build-fails etc, but regardless).

Thanks again to OP for providing this contribution.

Maybe post, or make thread about your compilation pack, e.g I'm sure alot of people lurk here without being registered(even some cannot get past the initial registration hump, lol), I'd even guess more unregistered than registered, but just guessing of-course, but anyway, so cannot PM you if interested, as requested, but up to you of-course, just say'in :)
Bobby wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:02 am I just wanted to say that even tho deluge 1.3.15 is old, its still as good as any other client, even better imo becuse we have the plugins to do all sort of things. And with this libtorrent is on pair with rtorrent and so on many clients still use lib 1.1.14 or below.
rizarefaldi
New User
New User

Post by rizarefaldi »

MikeMelbAustralia wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:10 am 1.1.14.0.pngI recently found that I was getting periodic CPU usage spikes with Deluge 1.3.15 running on Windows (which comes with libtorrent 1.0.11.0). The spikes weren't huge or long in duration, but enough for the cooling fan on my i7 NUC to become loud enough to hear ukuran kertas a4

I found that upgrading to libtorrent 1.1.13 resolved this issue. This was downloaded here:
viewtopic.php?t=55168

I have just compiled libtorrent 1.1.14 against OpenSSL 1.1.1i, with Python 2.7.18 installed.

It can be downloaded here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GFotYW ... sp=sharing

There is a readme.txt inside with instructions on how to update. The usual disclaimers apply - use at your own risk, backup the older files in case you wish to roll-back, etc.

Kind Regards,

Mike

Edit: Changed link to Google Drive.
well finally the cpu usage spikes issue fixed. well even tho this is too old maybe but still the best. ;)